Ever heard of the news that a Pepsi bottle contained a dead cockroach inside?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by lindbergh • Apr 15, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some friends told me that somebody in our vicinity saw a cockroach inside a newly opened Pepsi bottle. I don't know if that dude drank the soda before he saw the cockroach. That would be gross. But I'm also not so sure about the reliability of this story. Do you think that it may just be a ploy by other soft drink companies?

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ewwww I think if I ever got a soda and found a roach in it i'd probably freak out and never drink that brand again I hadn't heard this and it could be true who knows a person found a spider in their cookie not to long ago so it might just be what I don't understand is how can this happen

3. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    How'd a spider get inside of a cookie? Anyways, it wouldn't surprise me. If I am correct, the bottles run through an assembly line right? And each bottle pauses underneath a faucet where Pepsi is shot into the bottle, and then it is moved on to be capped and boxed? So, small insects climbing inside those machines can happen unfortunately. And Pepsi is a dark colored soda so catching the roach inside the bottle before it makes it to the delivery truck would be almost impossible. Now if this were a light colored soft drink like 7up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, or Mountain Dew, then someone should be able to nail the roach-bottle before it's out of the factory. And before it's too late.

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Oh gross. I've heard stories like that going around for a while with pepsi/coke/other random drinks so I don't know if the specfics are legit but it certainly isn't impossible.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Truly disgusting.

It really sounds like an urban legend, but it could be true. There are bound to be stuff in all types of food that goes through production, not just soda.

6. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I completely believe this. And for anyone who has worked on an assembly line or in a factory in general. You can see how this is true. Regulations and ocea are very lacks on any type of factory. Including those that manufacture food and beverages. If you have ever seen how some of your favorite foods are processed and distributed you would get sick to your stomach. This is a true fact. The rodent and insect population in food manufacturing plants can be under a certain percentage and still pass regulations. Not all products are inspected and quality controled to a reasonable standard. Alot of things fall through the cracks. And then end up in your local grocery store.

7. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    This kind of thing has been reported in the press. With photos to provide the evidence. So it's very possible. How it got there is another matter? Are we to believe that the manufacturing plants are that clean and hygienic?

8. nav0413

nav0413Member

Threads:
    I've heard that news before and it's been a while I stop drinking any kind of softdrinks.

9. dadcoupon2012

dadcoupon2012New Member

Threads:
    That is so gross to imagine. I will stick to clear plastic bottled soft drinks like sprite and 7 up since I don't drink alot of dark colored sodas anyway.

10. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

REALLY? So wait what quota system do they work off of? Like 1 or 2 rats are ok, but more than five in one visit is unacceptable? Or cockroaches in the stock room is ok unless they find their way onto the bottles themselves, then you get a failing grade? Or is it only a health violation when insects that transmit or carry disease are found at your plant?

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mean to doubt your friend or anything, but stories like these are usually a plot by other companies in order to ruin the brand. Of course, if it were true, then that's horrible.

12. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    But who'd wanna ruin Pepsi other than Coke? And isn't Coke making like billions off their own brand? More than enough not to have to worry about competition from Pepsi no? Or is Coke's sales slipping so this is their new game plan to bring sales up again? Or maybe the Mountain Dew folks are behind it!

13. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's gross. I've read a lot of stories of people finding stuff in soda bottles, mostly inside Coke ones. I remember a guy found a straw in one and wanted to take legal action. The most disgusting of them all, though, was one with some kind of mushroom inside - not kidding.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw a photo online of a factory produced loaf of white bread like the kind you buy at the supermarket with a dead mouse baked inside of it. Apparently the mouse fell into the dough. Anyway the loaf of bread actually made it home with an unfortunate man, and you can imagine his surprise when he opened that bread.

It sucks that we can't even count on processed foods to be clean and sterile.

15. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that I believe it unless somebody was just trying to sue over it (not sure that it would actually get somebody somewhere but people will try.) I can see how things like this happen with all the sugar and stuff that goes into soda, even the cleanest facility could possibly fall victim to this problem. No it wouldn't keep me from buying it next time I want a soda tho. It could happen any time from any manufacture. It very rarely happens that things get into your food and drinks so I wouldn't worry about it happening, but yes I do believe that it is quite possible.

What I would look at is how Pepsi handled the situation after finding out. But being they are a huge company, this is probably a very freak thing.

16. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Ugh! I think the worst wonder's bread experience I ever had at the store was it being stale. I guess I should've thanked the lucky stars I wasn't that guy.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's very possible that a roach may have fallen or crept inside the bottle, but it would be nice if there were photos taken as proof that it was real. I prefer Pepsi way more than Coke, so I will always remember this thread everytime I buy Pepsi from now on, lol.

18. Nikilee

NikileeNew Member

Threads:
    Haven't heard of this, but I've been trying to quit drinking pop, this is a great way to start the process!

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

Probably are photos but Pepsi bought them from the plaintiff. Those photos in circulation would ruin Pepsi. I am sure they paid off the victim and bought the photos from them as well. If there were any.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My weirdest experience with factory produced white bread was with the Walmart Great Value white sandwich bread. When I opened the loaf there were segments of the bread that were the wrong color.
    What it looked like was that they might have baked a new loaf in a pan that still had remnants of an old loaf in it. Or they might have baked the white loaf in a dirty wheat bread pan.

Anyway the effect was like an accidental, slightly burnt looking marble rye. Who knows how old the brown bits were.
    I returned the loaf of white sandwich bread the next morning, since Walmart is near my daughter's school and I was going that way anyway.