Ever relocated for a job?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Mayvin • Oct 10, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm thinking of relocating to another state for a job and curious to know for those of you who have done this how did the process go? Did you fly out for the interview or did they just do a phone interview? Did you get a solid offer before you got there and find out you didn't actually get the job after all.

Curious to hear other people's experiences?

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I live with my family, and frankly, I am not used to living alone. So, I am not sure that I will consider relocating for a job. However, if this move will make your life progress in the right direction, then why not! I wish you the best of luck. :D

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The last job I had involved a lot of traveling. I wouldn't stay in one place longer than a year. Since I was working for the same company, I didn't have to deal with job interviews and such stuff. You just got a call one day, the guy at the other end tells you, it's time to move on and that was that.

If you haven't got the job yet, it's best to set a date to travel over > bag the job > find a place to stay in the city and then move over. There's be no need to take unnecessary risks.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Not me but a friend of mine did. He found work in another country so after contacting the company offering the job he had to pass two phone interviews, one general and one in depth/knowledge based. After that he went to that other country for a third and final interview, using his money. Once he got the job the company payed his housing for the first three months - after that he payed from his own salary, which was big enough, so no worries there.