Ever Troll On Recipe Reviews?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • Sep 5, 2012.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    "Trolling: The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue."

I've always wanted to do this on some recipe reviews just for laughs. Just write some scathing review, and say all kinds of crazy stuff like how my whole family hated it, and we're poor and bought all these ingredients with what little money we had left, and the kids are crying now because they're hungry, and thanks for ruining our evening...etc.

For the record, I haven't done this. And I know it's mean :-D that's probably why.

2. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of trolling or trollers. In my opinion it's childlike behavior. It makes it difficult to get useful and honest reviews on any topics. Nothing worse then being on a site and have to read through and disregard all these useless comments. These people should find something better to do with their time like coloring or making play dough art.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I only ever troll people I know personally, and usually only when I actually agree with them. They always know it's me. I have a terrible sense of humor.

4. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I like to be respectful of people so I couldn't see myself trolling someone. Cooking is very personal and people work hard on their recipes. What would be the point of trolling their recipes? If it is a blog they will simply erase your comment or block you. Since there are probably mature people on the website, most people won't find it funny.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm also not a big fan of trolls or trolling. I really don't understand the point of doing it. There are more productive ways of spending my time.

6. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    Its not for me. I have too much respect for people to deliberatly screw with them. Its infantile. It also wastes my time.

7. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    No...I don't. Every now and then trolls are funny, but they get on my nerves most of the time. I don't like to see their comments on recipe reviews, that's for sure. I take those seriously when deciding whether or not to make something for us to eat. I don't want to waste ingredients OR miss out on a good recipe because of a troll, so I wouldn't do it to anyone else either lol

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    People who troll are nothing more than sad pathetic idiots who have so little positive stuff going on in their own lives that they have to try and bring other people down to their level. If you haven't tried it then take my advice and keep it that way, you're better than that. :)

9. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it sort of depends. There is a time and a place for trolls. I don't think recipes are it though.