Ever Used Trade-in Programs To Save Money?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Jul 18, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This can be a great way to save money for those who regularly replace their devices each time a new model is released. You send your item to Amazon get payment [in the form of an Amazon gift card which shouldn't be an issue if you buy a lot of things from Amazon].

This is much better than selling your devices to other sites which won't offer a close-to-fair deal.

Anyone have some experience with Amazon trade-in?

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I always trade in my old mobile phone when I am upgrading, and a lot of the time I find that it mostly covers the price of the handset that I want to upgrade to, which is great of course. I will never throw anything away that I believe I can get money for, because it is just a waste, and I could use the money that I earn to save up for my house that I am desperate to buy! I have experience of using the Amazon trade in, and like it, because I always use their website, so getting a gift card via the trade in is always welcome money that I can spend on lots of different things.

3. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not familiar with the Amazon Trade-in program, but from what @GemmaRowlands@GemmaRowlands says, it sounds as if it's worth using. I've looked on other trade-in sites before, and the amount they were offering was a pittance, and not even worth considering, so I've always either given mine to a love one, or sold them on eBay or another site. I've sold a few of my electronic devices/computers on Bonanza, so that's another place to look, but eBay is my primary site to use for buying/selling used electronics, and sometimes new ones, as well.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon's trade-in program, and it nabbed me $150 for an old phone I had. Well, it was actually a newer phone, but the price was right either way. I used that money to buy some things that I needed directly from Amazon, and I already had a new phone, so I was ready to go. Trade-in programs won't really save you money, unless you're trading them back to a wireless carrier that's going to provide a discount on another device, but they can help you get more money in your pocket through other retailers.