Everyday Clothes As Pajamas

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by cocolgooh • Mar 31, 2016.

1. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    The price of pajamas seems to be getting higher and higher all the time. When I went to get some new pajamas a few weeks ago I noticed it was as much as £20 (around $28) for a top and some shorts! :eek: I'd never pay anywhere near that much for something I wear just to go to bed in!

I looked around the store and found I could pick up a pair of shorts for £1 and a top for £1.25 - a huge saving!

Do you insist on wearing pajamas for bed or would you wear every day clothes if they were cheaper?

2. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I just wear pants and a t-shirt to bed and that is really what my children wear too. I may find some pajamas at the thrift store and I will pick them up for them but for the most part they just sleep in whatever is comfortable. I think the price of pajamas is way too high and buying the shorts and shirt like you did is a better deal. They can serve two purposes this way and you get more for your money.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PJ's are easy to get for lilke morgoodie and myself using an old t-shirt is good for a summer nightie. Winter time is different though for Europe and the mainland is quite cold. Sales are everywhere like at amazon.com or your favorite shopping place like 10dollarmall.com, but I don't know if they ship or accept international orders though. We have a Walmart where I saw a PJ set for just $3 with long pants too! Good luck in finding the PJ's you like!

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a very bad habit of doing that, I'll throw on some sweatpants and a tank top and call it a night. They are way more comfortable then regular pajamas, which are usually either to have you or too thin and light. Not to mention if I need to walk my dog or grab something outside I can use that and not have to change. That might be just the one thing I like most about it!

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just use comfortable shorts or t-shirt that I may have picked up at the Goodwill store to sleep in. I will also get a long sundress that I would not wear out on the street as an around the house dress and sleep in that if it is soft and comfortable.

6. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I usually just wear regular clothes to bed. I usually don't buy pajamas anyway and whatever I do have were given to me as gifts. Often times I would have to layer up under the pjs anyway when it is winter. I don't know why the prices of pjs are going up. No one is going to know what you wear to bed unless someone sleeps over or they live with you.

7. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I often wear the two interchangeably. If I find comfortable pajamas that I like for a good price, I will buy them, and I don't tend to distinguish much between pajamas and sweats or other comfortable clothing I would wear around the house. I am home most of the time, and most of my everyday clothes are capri length, so can be chilly to wear around the house in the cool early mornings and evenings in the Fall, Winter and Spring, so I just wear the full length pajamas around here, and change if I'm going to be leaving the house. In the Summer, when temperatures really climb here, I will tend to do the opposite, and wear a lot of my shorts and very lightweight tops to bed.

8. Cilivren

CilivrenMember

Threads:
    I agree that pajamas are quite expensive for something that you won't even wear outdoors. I only sleep in pajamas when it's winter because it's usually cold here. Sometimes I don't even change into different clothes and wear my pajamas all day long. On warmer days it's simply too hot to sleep in pajamas. I'll either wear a sleeping robe or just put on an old t-shirt and undies.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I go to bazaars or department stores to purchase pajamas. I prefer generic brands manufactured locally because they're not as expensive as international brands. Unfortunately, it's never been a habit of mine to wear pajamas. I'm used to wearing regular home clothes. What I wear at home, I also wear to sleep. After a couple of days, I change to a new batch of home clothes (basically just old or worn-out clothes no longer fit for public display).

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never grew up wearing pajamas so I just wear regular clothes to sleep as I find them more comfortable. Also it's already very hot here in my country so I'd like to get the most out of my air conditioning as much as I can and I feel long pants pajamas just will block out too much of the cold. From time to time I do wear them though as we do have a store here where I can buy them for cheap but I think I'd only ever resort to it if I could buy silk instead because the cheap ones are a bit constricting.

11. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I personally think that using old clothes such as t-shirts and shorts are more than enough as pajamas, there is nothing special with pajamas and I really think that they are an unnecessary waste of money, why spend money on something you can do by yourself or that you already have, that is my opinion though.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's been a really long time since I wore pajamas. More than 10 years I believe. Tried sleeping in the buff because I'd read some articles which claimed that it was great for one's skin but didn't like it. It was then that I started boxers and a t-shirt. They are as comfortable as pajamas if not better.

If pajamas are too expensive you should experiment with different clothes and once you find the ones you'll be comfortable sleeping in . . . you'll never have to buy pajamas.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only wear pajamas when I go to sleep and it happens to be a cold and rainy day, otherwise I only wear house clothes. I think they are more comfortable too.

14. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I almost always wear regular pajamas. Every now and then I will wear a t shirt and leggings. I just am not comfortable wearing my regular clothes to bed as most are business casual or higher. I also don't want to ruin them quicker either.

15. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    I have always been in the habit of wearing pajamas or a nightgown to bed. I think they are more comfortable for sleeping in. Furthermore, they are made for that purpose. However, I do not have a wide selection of these, just a few that I wear alternately. I do agree that the price of both pajamas and nighties are fairly high, but I prefer to wear them for sleeping in than to wear other clothing that may not be as comfortable.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Pajamas seem to not be very popular nowadays. many persons wear whatever is comfortable to bed, thus eliminating the uniformity of the pajamas. For me, sleeping in a sleeveless top and shorts is quite adequate, therefore, I have not worn pajamas in a very long time.

17. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    There really is no need to buy clothes specially for sleeping in, and I honestly don't understand why anybody would choose to do this. Nobody is going to see you while you are asleep, so it makes absolute sense to just choose something simple, cheap and comfortable, as you are sure to be able to save a lot of money from doing this in the long term.

18. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I seem to always get pajamas a presents so I rarely buy my own. I have noticed that pajamas in general can be quite pricey. If I had to buy my own I would definitely buy a nice soft t-shirt or tank top and comfy shorts for sleeping. Or just an oversized t-shirt would do. When I was pregnant I would wear my husbands flannel bottoms and his t-shirts for sleeping. I think it's whatever you are comfortable in and you will get a good nights sleep.

19. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't owned pajamas since I was a child. Nowadays I just wear my old, comfortable t-shirts from high school and cheap shorts I get from Wal-Mart or the local Goodwill. During winter I like to wear sweats. Recently I've been thinking about getting some cute pajamas to sleep in, but I probably won't because I don't need them so I'd rather just save my money.