Exercise and fitness items for the household.

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 6, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    For some of us, the gym isn't easily accessible. For others it is unaffordable. Not everyone has the space or the money for a full home gym or large equipments but there are many smaller items that are available for exercise at home. Here are a few suggestions and i hope you can add to my list.

A yoga mat. You don't have to do yoga to use this mat but it makes a good base for a lot of activities such as abdominal exercises and anything where you are sitting or lying down. It rolls up and is easy to get out of the way.

Dumbbells. Either fixed weight or adjustable, they provide resistance training and an almost unlimited variety of activities. They are also small and easy to store.

Elastics. An alternative to dumbbells, they provide a good variety of workout options and are nice and portable.

This is just a brief list, but I am sure that there are more non-gimmick type exercise items that everyone can have in their household to eliminate the excuses not to exercise.

2. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Those are some pretty good ones you have listed. I might also consider adding a stationary bike. Treadmills take up too much space for some people, and for others they might be too expensive. Stationary bikes don't take up much space and they are MUCH cheaper than treadmills.