Extreme Savings

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by zoeysmama2011 • May 3, 2013.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I love to watch shows such as Extreme Cheapskates and Extreme Couponing. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done to save money? Do you pinch pennies? Do limit shower times? How far would you go to save money?

The most extreme thing I have ever done to save money is to walk to and from and work in order to save money on a transpass for the month. I by no means pinch pennies. I'm actually a spender. I'd like to change that. So I'd like to hear other people's ideas of savings.

2. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I did not do something really extreme to save money. I just limit my groceries, like I don't buy things I don't need. I also buy the Biggest sizes that way I can save few bucks. If I'm going somewhere and it's just near my house, I just walk. I also look for a sale or items that are buy one take one. Those are small things I do to save money.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a bunch of ice cream with my friends with only tons of coins that we saved. We spent around 15 minutes trying to count all of that to found that we had more money for one more cone. That was a good day!

4. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do anything extreme to save money. I just live simply and line dry my clothes, don't have cable TV, have a normal feature phone instead of a smartphone, buy cleaning supplies at Dollar Tree, clip coupons, buy my clothes at the thrift store, take advantage of clearances and markdowns, repurpose furniture that I find instead of buying furniture, etc.

I used to be a spender when I was younger and I'm suffering for it now, so being frugal now is my way of getting my life back on track and creating a more stable future.