Fabkids.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by MizzDeeDee • Sep 25, 2013.

1. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    Has anyone else tried out fabkids.com yet? It's a monthly membership service where you pick an outfit for your child every month for $39.95. There are a few things I like about it, and a some things I don't like about it.

The first thing I don't care for is the price. For basically $40.00, you'll be getting three pieces. An example is: a tunic dress, a pair of leggings, and a hair bow. I realize some of this is just me being spoiled. I can easily go to a name brand store and buy a lot more for $40.00. On the other hand, it's middle of the road for "toddler couture". Gymboree, which have very cute clothes, can be astronomically expensive unless you find a sale. So, though it's middle of the road, I still think it's a huge chunk of change for a single outfit.

The second thing I dislike is their lack of coupons and deals. Right now, they have a deal where you can get two outfits and the second outfit is only $25.00. I see things like this on their site from time to time, and I occasionally get them in my email inbox. Again, I think I'm spoiled. I'm used to going online and finding promo codes and coupons without trying very hard. So to me personally, with there being so much game in town, I feel they should have a lot more coupons and promo codes.

What I really like about them are the clothes themselves. They are cute! They fit well, are very durable, and they are one of the kind. While the designer follows certain trends, you generally won't see another kid wearing the same clothes. They match the clothes for you, so you have ready to wear fashion pieces for your child. It take the guess work out of piecing together clothes. Not to mention the fact, that many of the pieces are utility pieces, so you can use them with other outfits. They're also generally modest, and I love that about them.

I also like that you can skip months. I bought my daughter some outfits for a few months, and I've been skipping the last few months until I find something I like for her. They're just pulling out their long sleeve line. I don't really want to buy short sleeved clothes when it's nearly October. So, I can skip any month I like, and I'm not on the hook to buy every single month. I really like that. I'm sure if that wasn't the case I would have cancelled my membership by now.

Overall, I like fabkids.com. If you can afford it, and you like upcoming fashion for your child, then I would give it a try. As an aside, if you find their page on facebook, you can look in the comments section and see some of the outfits on customer's children. That way you can get an idea of what some of their pieces look like first.

2. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    fabkids.com has changed a lot since this post, if you are looking to try it again. I just found it and got my first outfit for $10, and then the monthly cost is around $29 instead of $40. I haven't gotten my first shipment, but have received multiple emails about sales, and the prices seem reasonable. I like that you can skip the monthly outfits as often as you want, which means I could just buy everything at their sale price. I am waiting to see what the quality is like before I purchase any more, though.

3. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I was wondering how that worked. I see many ads on TV and in magazines and it seems like a good deal but I never really checked it out. I love the clothes. They're really cute and stylish but I don't like to pay a ton for kids clothes. They grow so fast and it's just not worth spending the money for everyday clothes. I wouldn't mind for something dressy, say for like a party or church though. Glad to know you can skip the monthly outfits. I don't really love that idea. I will check out their regular or sale items though.

Thanks for the great post. I really like to be updated on sites like these. Very helpful !!!

Thank you again !
    Danyel :)

4. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting...well thanks for the update! Definitely good to know. I like the idea of monthly subscriptions like that, but I feel like a lot of them are just relying on hype and trend right now, and aren't necessarily the best deal. I don't know, if I had more extra money to spend right now I might consider trying it out.