Facial exercises

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by maddie • Jun 16, 2013.

1. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here tried facial exercises to get rid of wrinkles or even tighten your skin? I have been doing a bit of research on the subject and got a bit curious. Please share your experience and thoughts here.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this I didn't even know this was possible. I personally never done it or know anyone who has but I am curious now as to rather or not it works.

3. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    OK ! I'm in to share my facial exercise experiences with you but first you have to tell me what are the ways to do it..

4. Ridhithomas

RidhithomasBanned

Threads:
    Thanks for this share.

5. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I remember this sort of thing was all the rage in the 70s. I sometimes do facial exercises, but not in order to prevent wrinkles or tighten my skin. It just feels normal and sometimes I even do it to help relieve sinus pressure.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, can't say that I have done facial exercises for the purpose of getting rid of wrinkles or skin tightening. I do face stretches, but only because sometimes my face muscles feel tight, just like how body muscles can feel tight and so you want to stretch.

I think that facial exercises could work, I've seen products like DermaWand and other things like that, that seem to have an affect when used on the face.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of this before, how does it work? The only facial exercise that I know of would be smiling...

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of it, haven't done it. I can understand it for certain facial issues, but wrinkles? Wouldn't it cause MORE wrinkles? You're still creasing areas of your face over and over again.. but I don't know anything about it.

9. CyrusTantor

CyrusTantorBanned

Threads:
    I've never heard about it. But I know there are some massage tools specifically for the face. The only face exercise I know is SMILING. ;)

10. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Yes, I have done it for a week. I didn't see any results so I discontinued. I know that a week is not enough time to see results so I think that I am going to start doing this again. I only do facial exercises because I am trying to get rid of some of the fat in my cheeks. I know this may sound crazy but I hate having fat cheeks when I smile. I am in the process of losing weight; I have lost 6 pounds and have 10 more to go so my face should become slimmer after the 10 pound weight loss but I want to ensure that it does by doing these facial exercises.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Know that i think about it, when i am alone somewhere i start to do some "facial exercises", if you could call them that. Just pulling some faces and strange expressions, it makes me feel relaxed after a while for some reason.

12. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've actually seen facial exercise equipment that claims to firm sagging facial muscles. The problem is actually not the muscles under your skin, its your skin. As we age our facial skin starts to lose its elasticity and firmness. This is what leads to our face looking less youthful. Making the muscles under the skin firmer will not improve the elasticity of your skin. You would probably benefit more from a good face cream. Although the gains from an anti-wrinkle cream will not be miraculous either, it can improve the appearance of mature skin.

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's actually not the skin, it's the fat loss over time.

14. marcfreund636

marcfreund636New Member

Threads:
    I never do that but i hears that Its bad for our face and it can cause pre mature aging and wrinkles.

15. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you haven't seen this already, it is absolutely hilarious. I think I vaguely recall the informercials for this in the 1980's. Even Dixie Cater from Designing Women did a video segment doing this.

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of this before. Didn't even know there was such a thing now i'm curious lol.

17. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I never use this but I heard with my friends that it will be harmful for our skin and face.

18. Katelyn Stein

Katelyn SteinNew Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who's been doing it for a while now. I don't easily believe in advertisements or promotions, but I can really see the improvements in her look even for just a month or two of doing facial exercises. Heard that she got the idea from the site Facercise, prompting her to try it out.