Fake Eyelashes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by suegiplaye • Jun 3, 2015.

1. suegiplaye

suegiplayeMember

Threads:
    I brought fake eyelashes before and it only cost a few bucks. I was excited to try it on, but after I tried it on it only last a few days. And I got a burning sensation in my eyes. I seriously have never put on fake eyelashes after that. What has been your experience with fake eyelashes? Did it hurt your eyeballs? How long did it last ?

2. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Fake eyelashes aren't supposed to be worn longer than a day. I think that's why you felt pain or irritation on your eyes. Always be careful when putting on fake eyelashes because with the wrong glue or wrong position, your eyes can get irritated and even get an infection. Fake eyelashes are normally worn only for one day. You peel it off of your lids and you can use them again just as long as you peel off the glue that stuck on the fake eyelashes and put them back in their case. Always cleanse your face thoroughly especially when you have sensitive eyes, to avoid having irritations.

If you're using individual eyelashes (the tiny separate ones), I believe you can use those for more than a day since those are smaller and less irritable. Buy a really good eyelash glue as well as it makes a huge difference. Always be careful!

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say, you’re meant to remove the lashes after use, especially if it’s a full strip. I don’t use them because I just don’t have the coordination to apply them, but I do know that much! @keytcee@keytcee gave good tips though, so that’s a great starting point for anyone interested in false lashes.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen a number of celebrities and random beauty-conscious people on the streets wear fake lashes. Although it gives their eyelashes the appearance of a sooty broom, I unfortunately don't fancy wearing it. I love my own lashes as they are and I'm afraid that adding more to it would only be troublesome. I have chinky eyes so my vision might be obstructed. Some of the lashes might accidentally get into my small eyes. In addition, I really can't stand foreign materials on my face. That's why I hardly put on makeup.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Got to agree with everyone else here, false eyelashes are only meant to be worn for the day and certainly not overnight. No wonder your eyes were feeling irritated!

The only type of lashes that can be left on are the semi-permanent variety - which generally last around 2 weeks. These are applied individualy and are a lot more expensive and time-consuming.

6. cia

ciaNew Member

Threads:
    I never had any problems with fake eyelashes. First of all everyone is right, you aren't supposed to wear them while sleeping so you obviously have to take them off. Peel the glue off so you can reuse them until they don't look nice any more. I personally buy really cheap eyelashes but I don't like that they look unnatural so I cut them with a mini nail cutter so I dont cut the lashes off and this way I get flare false eyelashes made by myself!

7. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I really want to have a long eyelashes, but i haven't tried using fake eyelashes. I admire people with long and thick eyelashes. All I do is use a volumizing mascara. There is another way how to have a long eyelashes and that is eyelashes extension. It can last up to 6 mos.

8. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Fake eyelashes are something I just never have bothered to try. Maybe because I'm pretty certain I'd look ridiculous in them assuming I could even apply them correctly. I keep picturing those old ones from back in the sixties and seventies. They looked like little bushes over people's eyes. Of course, make-up was so overdone back then. A fun time though.

9. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I forgot about eyelash extensions. It was all the rage a year or two ago but I don't know if people still consider it as something they'd actually do nowadays. I've heard so much stories about eyelash extensions and most of what I've heard aren't good. One friend of mine had a friend who rubbed her eye a few days after she had her eyelashes done and to her surprise, all of her eyelashes fell out! I'm not sure if it's because of the quality of the service done to her or because it's really risky to have that done. If you're considering doing this, I suggest you consult with other people about this and even ask different places where they do eyelash extensions how the procedure is and other things you're curious about.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once I used fake eyelashes and I think it was really good on me since I had that enhanced look. But my husband disapproved of it, not for aesthetic reasons but for health reasons. He said that I had been using contact lenses since I was a teenager and that false eyelashes may pose a complication. Well?

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, it has never crossed my mind to put on fake eyelashes. I would feel too strange having these artificial things attached to my eyelids. I much prefer to use mascara and eyeliner. My lashes might not be the thickest or longest, but it doesn't bother me. I have impressive eyebrows to compensate with. :)

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Falsies or fake eyelashes look great, but it should only be worn for a short period of time, such as for a special occasion. The adhesive will irritate your skin if you wear it longer than it should. I use fake eyelashes only for stage performances when my eyes need to look fuller and more exaggerated. I am too lazy to apply falsies for daily use.

13. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    I've tried out fake eyelashes, in days past! I have a some-what medium / long pair that's spaced sparsely and look very natural. I wear them everyday - but they're barely noticeable; they give a subtle touch to my eyes that I really like! I don't even remember what brand they are since I bought them in bulk forever ago!