Falling for the 'great bargain' trap

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • May 6, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Once in a while you can walk into a store and find something that there's a crazy discount being offered. It's always tempting to get whatever it is that's selling at a discount without thinking about how often you'll be wearing it.

IMO, sometimes, to save money one should avoid buying clothes if they don't need them or they won't have much use for them.

Ever felt like buying some clothes [you may only wear occasionally] because there was a discount was slapped on them?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, even if the item isn't discounted and I really liked how it looked, I would buy that even if their biggest size is kinda small for me, in the hopes that I will eventually lose weight. So I'm prone to do it all the more when the item is on sale.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, bargain traps are a bummer. I once bought 3 pair of pants because they were on sale, I never wore those pants more than 2 times in my entire life. I ended up selling them on a consignment store. But now I'm more cautious when it comes to bargains and I always leave my credit cards at home when shopping.

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend falls for it on the TV all the time! I have to try and stay very calm as I wrestle my credit card out of her hand and explain that it isn't the great bargain you think it is because they tack on a high shipping price.

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    When I am shopping for clothes I don't enter a shop unless I have something in mind that I am going to buy and I have looked online to see what is on sale. I might do a little browsing but rarely buy something that I hadn't intended to get. If I need a couple of shirts then that is what I am likely to walk out with. If they are on sale at a great price, i may tend towards those ones rather than others but I would rarely go in for shirts and walk out with pants just because they were on sale. The exception is items that I will always use and they have a good price. Sock and Jeans are things I wear and extras will get used even if not immediately. I will buy these on sale if the price is right.

6. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    I used to fall for these deals but haven't recently. I read an article that said stores when they are offering coupons or store wide sales with an extra percent off of everything that they will raise the price of most merchandise.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I got tempted many times to be honest but my husband kept on telling me that I did not need them and I wanted them because of the discount. And he was actually right, I purely wanted it because of the offer and if I look into my wardrobe I actually have enough clothes for 2 weeks without doing any washing.