Fashion No no!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Aug 26, 2012.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    What is something that you wouldn't want to be caught dead wearing it? What are the things that you would advise for people not to wear especially in public places? :)

2. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I can't think of anything for myself. I love to dress eccentrically and will wear dresses, wigs, crazy hats, women's clothing and pajamas in public (I'm also male). But I would never wear piercings in public. I don't mind people who do but I can't myself.

3. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to see people with rollers in their hair in public. I think that is so tacky. Now, I know emergencies arise and their just wasn't much time to take them out before having to leave the house. Sometimes I roll my hair and let it air dry, so if I need something I usually get someone else to pick it up for me or just do without. I might go through a fast food restaurant drive-thru, but I wouldn't actually go inside with rollers in my hair.

4. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    For me, one of the greatest fashion no-no's are ugg boots and Crocs. I just don't see any beauty in those types of shoes. They're tacky and unflattering.

5. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I hate to see someone wearing clothes that are not size appropriate. I mean, I have been guilty of wearing clothes that are just a little too big or small because I lost or gained weight and didn't have money for a new wardrobe. But I hate seeing a size twelve girl try to stuff herself into her brand new size six clothes. It's just disgusting to me.

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I can't stand to see people wearing pj's in the public and rollers in their hair with some old slippers on. That is a sight to see, and it makes me plain sick to see a lady looking like that. I don't even know how they could come out of the house that way, without there hair combed and earrings on. I would never do that because I do want my face to look good when I step out, if nothing else.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know it's a big trend now, but I hate when people wear flip-flops in public. Flip flops are for the beach or walking around the house, not for going out in public. I especially hate it when men wear them.

8. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I know some people like them but I wouldn't wear them on any circumstance: fitflops, crocs, and ugg boots. The don't flatter any body type plus the fact that they are pricey doesn't help too. I also wouldn't be caught wearing fake bags. I don't even get why some people would buy knock offs. I'd rather buy a brand less bag than wear fake ones.

9. jaimie_lorraine

jaimie_lorraineMember

Threads:
    Knee high converse shoes are horrible! I saw a lady wearing them at a concert and they are so unflattering. Guys who wear short cut-off jeans. Rompers are also a no go. I have not seen one yet that looked flattering on anyone. Pointed long fake nails, it looks as if the person has claws- I don't get this trend.

10. trebla

treblaNew Member

Threads:
    It actually scares me when a woman wears long eyelashes to the point that this can actually cover up the eyes. I think it's just too gross. I would definitely prefer simpler styles for the eyes.

11. Cyrup

CyrupMember

Threads:
    I'm from Australia, we wear Flip Flops A LOT here...or sandals, but I tend to where said shoes a lot more, simply because I live in a beach town, and it's easy.
    Definitely not the case in Winter though, I love to have stylish shoes.

However it really bugs me when girls where Make up that just ISN'T their colour.
    I mean, seriously. Sure, go for a make up that is SLIGHTLY more darker then your skin, but often it's super obvious & looks really trashy. Quite often looks like you're wearing a mask, and that looks really bad, in my opinion. Fake tan is even worst to be honest.

12. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Spandex! Spandex is a crime against those without vision problems. It is shiny, has a glare and is rarely wore by people under 200 pounds. Whoever invented this materials needs be tarred and feathered.

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Worse than that is spandex in bright orange. Why does this even exist?

14. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    We have the 80's to thank for that! I don't mind orange in moderation for other fabrics as long as it it done tastefully. My son has killer Polo orange cords and my daughter has a burnt orange jacket lined with fur that I want for myself.

15. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    I really hate the low rider jeans people wear. Not because they ride low, but because the thong underwear shows above the waistband of the jeans and it just looks terrible. I would never wear jeans like that and cringe when I see young women wearing them.

16. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    When people wear clothing too small for them and it's either rising up or sliding down. And when people wear loud colors and loud colored shoes to match. ekkk!

17. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    You mean you are not a fan of plumber crack? Seriously, this drives me nuts too. The only thing worse is when said offender is wearing a thong that sticks right out too.

18. shopnow1

shopnow1New Member

Threads:
    One of my major fashion no no's is wearing sandals with socks in public. I just simply can't get my head around this one. I mean the whole purpose of wearing sandals is so that your feet are exposed so that they have air to breath. But when you wear socks, that defeats the whole purpose of what sandals are meant for. You might as well have worn running shoes. Not to mention how ugly the two go together.

Wearing Croc's in public is another one of my fashion no no's. These are some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen, especially the ones that have bright colors like lime green and orange. I understand that they're super comfortable and that doctors swear by them, but leave them for the home, not the public. Luckily they seem to be disappearing slowly.

19. nick87

nick87Active Member

Threads:
    CROCS. Those freaking ugly things. There are actually full croc stores now that sell nothing but crocs. They're ugly beyond belief. It gives you an instant -20% to your attractiveness scale when you wear them. On the same note, UGG[ly] boots.
    But, whatever, if they're comfortable and you like wearing them, go for it. It's ugly, but I don't really care what you're wearing, your clothes your choice.

20. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Crocs, definitely crocs. From the minute I saw them, I couldn't believe people actually wore them. Seriously, people, they're worse than wearing sandals with socks.

I also hate those stupid caps that have become a trend now, and I hate them even more when they still have that circular shiny sticker on. Douchebag alert.

[​IMG]