Fashion-wise are we heading forward or backwards?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Aug 17, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm talking about women's fashion. These days wearing revealing clothes is getting to be more and more acceptable. Really short skirts, extremely short shorts that barely cover anything, see-through dresses . . . that kind of stuff.

It's like women want to walk around naked.
    But that isn't entirely true though. If women so much want to show off their bodies, isn't the next logical step going back to wearing loin clothes?

If fashion went back to dressing cave-style, loin clothes and stuff would any of you venture there? From the look of things, isn't that where we are headed?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ha, I think loin cloths aren't as sexy as see-through garments. But maybe I am wrong. If they get the right kind of marketing and alluring advertisements, they could become a real hit. ;)
    Personally, I have never been interested in fashion fads. My own style of dressing could be described as "timeless elegance". Or at least, I like to think so. :)
    I don't judge others by what they wear. If women want to let it "all hang out", then they should do so. And the same for men. Whatever makes you feel good. I have never been bothered by bare flesh. Actually, it is so common around here, that I don't even notice it anymore.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people unfortunately are like sheep. It takes one person to start something and everyone will follow blindly.

I have no doubt that once the fashion goes to skimpier then everyone else will follow. Were it not for the laws which are against nudity who knows how far those who like showing off their bodies would go.

4. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I think we're heading forward fashion-wise. Yes, people have the freedom to wear less clothes. But, there's also a wider range of sizes, styles and colors available to the general public. People can follow the crowd or be unique in dress and it's less of a big deal.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think there is fashion and being fashionable. Most designers know that their designs can't be worn by everyday people on the street and will make the red carpet or a party. They want to inspire and get their name out there so people will aspire to their brand and buy handbags and accessories that they can afford. The see through dresses and skimpy clothes are for occasions, rather than everyday use. However, some people don't see it that way and some will wear them to the grocery store. Perhaps they feel it is fashionable or comfortable or they have nothing left to wear!

Being fashionable is wearing something that suits your personality and fits well as well as looking up to date.