Fast & Furious 7

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Peninha • Jun 4, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are still one year away from the release date of Fast & Furious 7, but after the death of Paul Walker what can we expect from this next movie? Will it continue to be as good as the previous ones or was Paul just a too important part of the movie?

2. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I heard that what they did was CGI him into the rest of the film. Yeah, it seems crazy, but with CGI tech as it is today, I think it may just work. They probably also rewrote the ending to have his character either die or move on, unless this really is the last film in the series. I do also know that the production company and studio got a ton from the insurance company. Either way, I hope the movie turns out nice.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you mean by CGI ami? OK, just used google to find out and are you serious? They made computer generated images to finish the movie without him? Yeah, I am expecting for him to die as well and someone look-alike will take over probably. I don't think it's the last movie of the series though. How much do they got from the insurance company do you know?

4. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I heard they had to completely reshoot F&F7 because of PW's passing. Or at least edit some scenes. I honestly think this series was more about Dom's and Brian's friendship, so it wouldn't be a surprise if the series ended with F&F7. But of course this is Hollywood and once they find a successful franchise, they milk it dry.

5. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    Paul walker was undeniably a huge part of the series and I really wonder how they'll work that into the plot. I just expect the next movie to be amazing because they usually are, but it's gonna suck without Brian.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think they can continue with the movie. The last movies were already in the Ocean Elevens style, but with a lot more action. Also, if you remember Tokyo Connection there was no Brian and no Don there and it was a great movie. Looking forward to see what they have done with FF7.

7. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I heard the that they were gonna use his brother to finish the rest of the movie. His brother looks exactly like him so I think that this would work. I am eager to see the end result and I think it'll be really good. It's a shame that Paul Walker had today. He was such a talented young man and he was really central to the plot of the fast and furious. I watched a couple of the old fast and furious movies and absolutely loved how he blended in with the story and made it come alive. I think it was a great actor and was a natural. I am eager to see what solutions we come up with to replace Paul. I do doubt they will use CGI but you never know. Whatever the outcome is I'm sure I'll enjoy

8. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    The last one was pretty good, I'm not a huge Fast & Furious fan though. They're somewhat entertaining and I've seen a couple of them, to me they're not too interesting though.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, so even if you don't find them too good nuka, you enjoyed the last one right? I think that Fast & Furious 6 was possibly the best they made, usually when they make sequels the story seems fake, but these guys can really reinvent themselves, a must for any action movies lover. Looking forward for the next one. ;)

10. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    That's hard to say. Unlike Heath Ledger's death that didn't have an effect on the Dark Knight franchise, Paul was still in the midst of filming Fast & Furious 7. I read a few weeks ago of his brother stepping in to complete some of Paul's unfinished scenes. I am not a big fan of the franchise but I seen at least 3 of the movies and Paul's character was important. It will be interesting to see how receptive audiences will be to the last installment.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do think Paul Walker's character is a very important one to the series, although the past movies still worked fairly well without him. These new ones seem to need him a lot more though, but I am looking forward to see how they tackled this obstacle. My favorite Fast and Furious movie, which is Tokyo Drift, didn't have either of them, but seeing as the theme then was still racing while the new ones are more heist oriented, I'm not too sure it would work. Though, I am also looking forward to seeing the cast members reprise their roles again especially the main character in TD because I heard he was making an appearance on this new one.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like you say, the Tokyo one was without him and worked fine, but I do agree he was the main character. Well, as long as they continue to make amazing stunts and to destroy a lot of cars I am sure they will be successful and that another actor will fill in his place.

13. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    I think that Fast & Furious has a fairly simple formula that can make bank regardless of the pieces that are plugged into it. Audiences go to watch these movies to be entertained by simple things like watching very fast cars and explosions. Indeed, Paul Walker was a key cog in the Fast and Furious engine (pun definitely intended), but I can see the movies still being decent, and if they are at least halfway decent, people will go to watch them out of intrigue after PW's passing.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah and the simplest formulas sometimes are the best and do work. Just get a bunch of guys with fast cars and hot girls and you have a blockbuster. Easier said than done, there are plenty of movies with cars that didn't make it this far and the actors were fairly unknown until the FF started to be a success, so they do deserve their credit.