Fast Food Restaurants With Unique Items

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Feb 4, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    At this point I have to say I'm pretty tired of hamburgers, though to be fair I never really was that much of a fan of them to begin with, which is why I almost always go for the other items on the menu and I appreciate the fast food places that serve more options than just hamburgers. This is why I prefer frequenting places other than McDonald's or Bk because at least at Wendy's I could order a baked potato with Toppings or even a nice macaroni salad.

What are some of the fast food restaurants you like that have unique items? What items might those be? I'd say to qualify the dish itself doesn't have to be too unique, just something not usually served by majority of the chains.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Yoshinoya, selling Japanese style beef rice bowls! It's a much healthier alternative to typical fast food, shame it's not more widespread.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait, Wendy's has macaroni salad? I'll have to check that out, I haven't been there in a while.

I wish there were more Mr. Hero restaurants around, I really love their menu. Unfortunately the few that are in my neck of the woods are in bad locations and the stores themselves are not usually in the best shape, and are kind of dumpy inside. But they make an awesome chicken philly sandwich with sauteed peppers, onions, grilled chicken, and cheese. What's even better is the sandwich is actually healthy, coming in at only 9 grams of fat. They also make really good waffle fries too, which you don't see often at fast food joints for some reason.

Honey Baked Ham Company also has cool lunch boxes to go. I don't think many people realize they even sell them, or think to go there for lunch. They're ham sandwiches (or whatever other meat you choose, I think they also offer turkey too) on a ciabatta roll, with different toppings depending on which one you choose. You also get a can of pop, a cookie, and your choice of chips and a side dish (like Macaroni Salad, or Potato Salad). I think they are like $6 or so, which is not bad for all that you get.

I'm also a big fan of the Asian Chao restaurants in mall food courts. I'm a total sucker for their Bourbon Chicken, but I also really love their steamed cabbage medley. I get double of it whenever I go there.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm tired of hamburgers as well! Where I live there are not many restaurants nearby so I have a lot of McDonalds, Burger King and Subway. At this point I'm tired of having burgers and I'm looking for alternatives. There is a Chinese place not that far and also some temaki places, but nowhere with unique stuff !

5. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes Squigly, I miss eating at Yoshinoya's since I left the Los Angeles area, plus it was always great every time my younger sister and I purchased food there - also for japanese style fast-food, it's definitely worth the price.

I like eating at a lot of gyro fast-food places, they serve good foods that are fulfilling and I especially like the sauce inputted into the gyros. People, if you haven't eaten at a gyro's place before, you are missing out!

A short list of other good fast food places I've tried are: Potbelly Sandwich Shop, Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill, Chick-Fil-A, and The Habit Burger Grill. Many of these fast-foods places are limited in locations.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'd rather give a small business quick meal restaurant a chance. You end up helping the community become less of an advertisement & more of a community while upping the chances they'll have something to tantalize your taste buds.

I had a friend order a sundae from McDonald's inside of a bun that I assume they normally use for burgers. I asked him, 'For the love of God, why?' He tells me, 'I'm tired of the same things.' fine & I understand that though what you have managed to do is order the exact same thing but rearranged in a different way.