Fast money scams

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by fruii29 • Mar 16, 2014.

1. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    My Facebook friend send me a link about gopaidweekly.com. I checked it out to see what the site was. It was a pretty convincing site so I decided to give it a try. I've sent messages to my friends to click my referral link. When I reached the threshold amount where I can get the payment, to my surprise, it was a fluke! There was a a survey that you need to fill-out to get the money. But, it never worked! I can't believe I fell for that! Beware of that site! A legit scam site!

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    As a word of advice for future reference, NEVER trust any site that offers fast money for little work. As the old saying goes, if it sounds like it is too good to be true, then it probably is. Now that's not to say there's no reputable online companies, because truly there are. However, the majority of offers that pop up on social media are not reputable and should not be taken seriously. Also, make sure that something is legitimate before asking friends to get involved because that can taint your friendships if they feel you're starting to become a scammer.. Beware of online scams.

3. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    This site looks like an obvious scam.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For safety's sake I'd recommend treating anything related to making money online as a high-risk venture. There are some or to be precise many sites which have the appearance of being legit [like slice the pie and many GPT sites] but which in actual sense are out to use or defraud you.

The owners of this sites either want free promotion [telling your friends about them] or defrauding you of what you've earned as is the case with slicethepie and many scammy GPT sites.

p.s If you value your time be smart. Making money online isn't easy otherwise everyone would be doing it.

5. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    That is just sad. Even after meeting the threshold they still tell you to take a survey in order to give you your money? I think they were just stealing traffic to make them earn more money on their site. If you are going to work online try to read reviews on the site just to make sure that the site is legit.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I've encountered a few of these to learn that there's no such thing as easy money. Nothing in this world pays big bucks for little or easy work. If they are indeed so profitable they wouldn't have bothered to advertise them to people. Also, any site that requires you to fill up a survey is scam 99% of the time.

7. JuLovo

JuLovoNew Member

Threads:
    "If it sounds too good to be true... it is."

Checked out the site and went to their FAQ to see what the site was about. The first thing I noticed was it didn't answer anything along the lines of, "How does this site work?" I know that it explains it on the main page and a little in the FAQ, but I find it assuring when a FAQ makes sure to explain everything in detail. They don't explain what kind of tasks they offer, or anything else, really. I'd like to know what I was signing up for.

When I saw that the FAQ was repeatedly saying that everything was about referrals and bringing traffic, I just figured this was a scam. There are a lot of ways to get paid just by getting views (some scams, some legit, but pay low), and they're making it easier on themselves to lure in victims to do that job for them. Sorry to hear about your getting scammed, though. It sucks that the scam wasn't obvious until you've finally made something from it -- crushing your hopes at the very last minute. :( Hopefully you'll be able to find something to make up for that incident!

8. fruii29

fruii29Member

Threads:
    I agree! And I learned the hard way. The good thing about it is that my friend actually apologized for sending me link such as the gopaidweekly link. Some of my friends whom I forwarded the link with has already tried it and they got victimized as well. We all learned our mistakes. We will never trust websites that provide instant income.

9. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    With a lot of the online work that I've checked out a good majority of them want you to purchase something that is supposed to help you make money immediately and even though I'm curious to see if some of them actually work, I would never pay any money up front. The most reliable way of making money online that I know of is a lot of the writing jobs and there's also sites like "fiverr" where if a person has something unusual or unique to sell they can actually do pretty well.

10. ductypu

ductypuNew Member

Threads:
    I feel like you hit the nail on the head. No reputable employer is going to ask you to buy something to work for them. That said, of course you're going to hear about success stories every now and again, and there are some companies, like Amway for example, that are more reputable than a Facebook forwarding... but you should still be very wary about anything that promises you the world for nothing in return.
    I'm not sure who said it, but "The dictionary is the only place where success comes before working hard."

11. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    I have always heard growing up that "if it's too good to be true then most likely it is not." As far as I have seen that statement has proven true. You really have to be very careful these days in the effort of not falling prey to scams.

12. bertadee

bertadeeNew Member

Threads:
    For the life of me I never understand why people fall for these scams and why people purposely prey on the innocent instead of going out and getting a job! I am sorry for all of you who have experienced these scams, but like mostly everyone has said, if it's too good to be true IT IS. I mean I can see how people can be vulnerable and desperate for money. Falling on hard times is no joke at all, especially when you have children to take care of. When you are desperate, you don't think as clearly as you should, you put all your hopes in the wrong places. Believe me it is not the way to go. When you come across these "offers" you should always go with your gut feeling. If it feels wrong then don't do it. I too like some of you, know people that do things like this and I definitely do not condone the actions of any of these scammers. I have been tried plenty of times by these scammers and have not fallen victim yet. I would not say never but I am almost 100% sure that this will not be happening to me. I hope that soon, people start to think twice before handing their hard-earned money over to these horrible people.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The link doesn't work anymore, thank God the scam site is gone. Anything that offers fast money for little work is clearly a scam. Or a ponzi scheme, like what I dabbled in before where you invest money. You really should research thoroughly before joining any program online.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If there is anything that I have learned about earning money online is that there is no such thing as fast money, for online work. If a job or opportunity claims to be able to provide this, then you are most likely about to get scammed. same goes for when it's not even a website, and you speak to someone who wants you to do a job for them over a forum, but they offer you too much money. It's most likely a scam.

15. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Fast money is synonymous to scam nowadays that's why I never trust any website until they can prove that they are legit. I check the reviews about every website that I'm planning to join I will only join if the reviews are positive. However, I still don't trust any website until they're able to pay me my earnings.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up :) -and don't beat yourself up, because we all learn sometime. When you've been stung once, you become very cautious and will know to check for reviews and ask the opinions of others on forums in the future. I never ever register with a site until I've scoured the net for reviews, and then I'll also trawl my favourite Online WAH job forums for second opinions.

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    I also check a lot of reviews on these sites. And I think that it is important to be aware of the reasons behind some of these reviews. A lot of these scam websites operate on a referral program, and so other users will often set up a blog or a website, detailing all of the pros of joining the website, in the hopes that people will sign up under them and they will earn more money. The review isn't actually there because the website is good. But because the person wants referrals. So that is pertinent to look out for, I feel.

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    I don't know if I can put my finger on it. But you can usually always tell a scam website by the aesthetic of the website alone. You mentioned how you would describe how one would look above. But I don't know if it is just that. They have a certain amateur feel to them?? Sometimes there are even grammar and spelling mistakes, which... RED flag!!!!

19. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much avoid sites that offer money in exchange for referrals. Usually these sites are just scam sites or just way too hard to get referrals that you'd have a better luck of applying for a real job that you're not qualified.