Father's Day Gift Ideas

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Diane Lane • May 12, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What do you usually do for your Dad (and/or other special men in your life) for Father's Day? I know many often do things or buy gifts for others, such as husbands, grandfathers, uncles, Godfathers, etc., so I thought this could be an idea spot, where people can discuss what they've done in the past, and what they're thinking about doing this year.

I usually cook something special, make a cake, go out to eat, buy sports-related items, depending upon the person. Sometimes it's as simple as a trip to a local fishing hole.

How about you? What are your plans, do you have a gift in mind?

2. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I really can't cook or bake so usually I order a cake or a set of cute cupcakes that are golf-themed. My dad loves to play golf and it's the only theme I could think of that best suits his personality. This year, though, I decided to try something new and give him a personalized gift. I found this shop online that sells cute, customized items. My dad loves to take a nap on our hammock so I plan to give him a pillow that is designed like a certificate. And on it says something like "best dad ever" or something. I haven't thought much about the exact design yet, but that's the general gift idea. :)

3. Diane Lane

Threads:
    That sounds cute, I bet he'll like it. It's nice that you put some thought into it, and selected something he can use all the time, too. This way, he can relax, and think of you when he uses it. I've seen the stores in the malls that personalize products, but haven't ordered anything personalized off the internet yet.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I only ever bought things or made cards when I was a child. These days it's all so commercial, so rather than buy anything on the day, Dad has a choice of what to eat and where to go if he wants to. It's a day of peace and where he is in charge. Material things don't really matter anymore as he doesn't need or want anything and would rather go and have a nice meal somewhere.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I tend not To stress as much during this holiday because fathers are usually easier to please when it comes to gifts at least in my experience. I don't think it matters much what they get for the most part so I usually just allot a certain amount as a budget each year and see what feels good to spend on at the time. In the past I've bought either store bought items or even trips and sometimes if I'm a bit too busy to prepare then I'd just use the money to treat the whole family to dinner.

6. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I decided to order online because there aren't really any shops that personalize stuff in our town. My dad is a very busy person and he's juggling a lot of responsibilities right now. He deserves lots of rest and a pillow would be great as a gift. You should try giving your dad something like that too! :) I bet he'll love it.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I lost my Dad 10 years ago, and I still miss him like crazy. That's one reason I wrote this thread, as a prompt to people to remember their Dads while they have them. We seem to see a lot more advertising about Mother's Day than Father's Day, but it's important to remember the Dads out there, too.

Yes, I'm sure being busy, he will especially enjoy a relaxing gift!

8. Kimberley05

Kimberley05New Member

Threads:
    We are three siblings. We celebrate it with beautiful cake. We celebrate this day as we celebrate our father birthday. We buy a beautiful gift. We get father's day gift idea from internet. After cutting cake we present gift. Sometime we also ask father which he like, so that we can buy it for him.

#8Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad is an avid reader, and loves comedy, especially dry humour. So we usually get him something along those lines and also take him out for dinner at a posh restaurant. In all honesty, he's very happy even if all he gets is a phone call to tell him happy father's day and that we love him :)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dad is quite easy to please, he loves plants and any home equipment, so last Father's Day he was given an oven toaster and radio. Sometimes he just gets cash instead as a gift.