Favorite Book By Nicholas Sparks?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by dyanmarie25 • Mar 1, 2015.

1. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    A Walk to Remember is my favorite book from Nicholas Sparks. It's about two high school students who are totally different from each other, but ended up together. The guy is known as being a badass, and the girl is this super religious freak. It's very interesting, specially when they decided to be couple. Really cute! Every time I read this book, I feel like I'm a teenager once again. However, the only flaw of this novel is the ending. It's a hanging ending. You don't know what really happened to the girl so it sucks a bit. I still give this a thumbs-up though.

What about you? What's your favorite book from Nicholas Sparks?

2. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    Actually I have never read a "Nicholas Sparks" book but I do have , A Walk to Remember on my kindle to read. Although it doesn't really sound like my genre, I do intend to read it. The problem is, I have several other books I want to read first..lol

I'm not a fan of a hanging ending either but will still give it a try :)

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm all right with A Walk to Remember. It's clean and less cheesy compared to other Nicholas Sparks works. The rest of his novels aren't as profound, though. Dear John, The Notebook and The Lucky Ones are a turn-off to me. I don't mind tear-jerker plots but if they're too cliche, I shirk away from them. I like Cecelia Ahern's take on romance more. PS. I Love You was a breakthrough.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't like Dear John as well. The relationship between John and his dad is more interesting rather than his relationship with Savannah. I have read The Notebook too, and I also felt disappointed with it. The movie version is way better than the book. The Lucky One is just fine with me, though it's a bit cheesy.

I have already read P.S. I Love You, and I absolutely adore it. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the film version of it. :)

5. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I have never actually read any of the Nicholas Sparks books but I have seen a few of the movies that were based on them. I know these are not always the same as the book, but I this is my experience with Nicholas Sparks. I have seen Message in a Bottle, and I got a little disappointed by the ending won't give it away here. I also saw The NoteBook and this movie was amazing. I found it to be a great story of lasting love and would recommend watching it to anyone who like a good love story. Funny how some say the book isn't as good as the movie its usually the other way around.

6. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I like a Walk to Remember very much. It is one of the novels that I really want to read over and over again. The story of the novel taught us that Love can change a person and miracles do exist with Love. Though the ending is quite sad, the overall story is interestinh and gives us a lot of real lessons in life. Next to A Walk to Remember is The Notebook.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    The Notebook was my favorite book by him. I am always disappointed in the movies because they are never as good as the books. There is a lot of good parts that are cut out when it comes time to watch the movie.

8. Determined2014

Determined2014New Member

Threads:
    I have never read any of his books, I am always stuck with Dean Kunts, but no doubt, I will look for that book and give it a shot.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, I see. So I'm guessing you're a fan of science fiction, right? I have actually read one of Dean Koontz's books before entitled "By the Light of the Moon." It's pretty good, but I'm really not into science-fiction. And I'm not sure if you'll like Nicholas Sparks' novels as well because his genre is way too far from Dean Koontz.

10. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    The Note Book was my first and favorite book from Nicolas Sparks, and after it became a movie, I dropped him like a hot potato. All of his later books, seem like written by a formular and they all sound the same to me. He is good with writing love story though.