Favorite Canned Corned Beef Brand

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 20, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    PalmCornedBeefChille.

Corned beef is one of my most favorite foods to come out of a can, but unfortunately I only find a few brands to be good so I'm left with not many options. That said, it's why I made this thread, to see what brands from other countries might be worth checking out. By far, my most favorite brand as of now has to be Palm. They provide excellent quality of beef no their flavorings are to die for. The beef is chunky and it has lots of fat so it never tastes dry as you cook it. Of course, this means it's not the healthiest option, but it sure is worth it. I recommend the chili for anyone who has access to it, and if not, I highly suggest seeking it out.

What canned corned beef brands do you like, both local and foreign?

2. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I just usually pick the regular flavored canned of corn beef. I always go for the cheapest brand.

3. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I love corned beef with tomatoes and onions. I don't have a favourite brand, my nan always used to get one in a red tin but I can't remember the name. I haven't had it for the longest time because it is so expensive. At £3.00 a tin I don't think it is worth I can get four minted lamb chops at the butchers for that price.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite corned beef is a brand that is made on the island of Madagascar. It is called Codal. This company has many other items they also manufacture. Speaking of corned beef, I like the stuff in a can but the best is the fresh corned beef you can get at your butcher or grocery store. I will attach a photo of what I'm talking about. Now this kind of sandwich (usually on Rye bread) makes the corn beef we buy in the tin seem like a light snack. lol 220px-Katzs_deli_corned_beef.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love corned beef especially its chilli con carne version (top it with cheese and it's super delicious). I am not very particular with brands but I do remember Libby's, Jamaican Country, Samba and Highlands are especially noteworthy. Brazilian corned beefs, regardless of the manufacturer, always make for some of my best meals. I always look forward to eating spicy corned beef.