Favorite Closed or Defunct Clothing Stores

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Parker • Oct 15, 2012.

1. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was reminiscing about how some of my favorite clothing stores don't exists anymore. Most of the department stores carry the same designs. I really miss some of favorite stores from my younger years.

Do you have any defunct clothing stores you miss?

I miss:

**Casual Corner--The best place to buy a business suit, tailored skirts, and dresses.

**Ames--This place had the best collection of dresses and silk blouses.

**Broadway Department Stores--I miss this place because it was my first real job. I bought most of my clothes from here. They were taken over by Macy's

**Hit and Miss Clothing Stores

2. dewilsimmy

dewilsimmyNew Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is great way to purchase any products in any corner of the world. Here I get best details many clothing stores. I visit many stores and I get amazing collection of products with discount offer and many services.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to love Goody's. I don't know if they're still open in other parts of the country, but the ones in my city and the nearby city all shut down a few years back. They used to have such great deals. :(

4. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I miss a store called Stewart/ Stewart Plus. It was a women's clothing store that catered to both regular and plus size gals. The best part of the concept I liked a lot was that whatever outfit you saw in the small sizes, you could find the exact same outfit in the plus size section. This made for a great shopping experience.

5. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    It used to have this store by my house name TG&Y. We used to buy clothes, food, snacks and candy from there. It was like and all in one type of store. It was a little like Wal-mart if any of you guys heard of that. I really miss that store :-( .

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I remember this store! It was like a Woolworth store which is also gone. :( I used to buy a lot of sewing notions from there. I really liked the feel of that store. It was kind of fun to shop there.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of Goody's, but it reminds me of a record store called Sam Goody's. It's gone along with all the major record stores like Tower Records and Wherehouse Records. It looks like bookstores will soon be gone too.

8. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I liked Goody's too. There was also one called Steve and Barry's. it was super cheap, and they had the best funny T-shirts. They had GI Joe and other characters on them. They also had trendy stuff and college theme apparel, like Ohio State.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I miss Contempo Casuals, Merry Go Round and Rave because I used to get all my cheap miniskirts and clubwear at those stores. I also miss my cheap perfumes of that era, Exclamation and Electric Youth.
    There was a Woolworth's on Miami Beach that was always there when I was growing up, most of my childhood toys came from there. The very last thing I bought at that Woolworth before it closed was a stuffed giraffe for my daughter when I was pregnant with her. I still have it somewhere.

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I completely forgot about Contempo Casuals. That's a blast from the past! I also remember Merry Go Round too. I only remember shopping there once or twice.

11. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    If it helps try out

.. I assume it will surely match your interests..

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a teenager I loved shopping in a discount store called Mr Byrite as not only did I get more for my money but they seemed to last longer as well. Sadly they turned into Blue Inc and put their prices up and their quality went in the opposite direction.