Favorite Cookie?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • Apr 19, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I like to bake snickerdoodles, peanut butter, chocolate or oatmeal raisin. Most times, though, I stick with plain old chocolate chip (Toll House Style) and occasionally use peanut butter or butterscotch chips instead of chocolate.
    That's always been the favorite at my house.
    As for store bought, I like the chocolate marshmallow cookies best but also get fig bars a lot.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pepperidge Farm Milano cookies are my favorite or any home baked fresh soft chocolate chip cookies. I'd rather have good quality ones than a large pack of cookies as I enjoy them more and will eat less. I tried that with some fudge grahams and couldn't eat them all as they weren't as good.

I like them with a good cup of coffee or hot chocolate and I am a dunker, so they have to be durable.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Probably Oreo, since they are pretty much the only ones I eat. Then again, I don't even eat them too often, because they are ridiculously expensive. Other than that, I could go for a chocolate chip cookies as well, but I don't usually go out of my way to buy them. Just when someone offers me some or something like that.

4. Matthew Malka

Matthew MalkaNew Member

Threads:
    Other than something like pepper-ridge farms which I would always buy if its buy one get one at my local supermarket chain, I would also suggest oreo but thats just too sugary for what it is. At times, I also get Publix Cookies but spending over 10 dollars for cookies is just too much.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Can’t go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie, especially fresh-baked. Oatmeal raisin cookies also have a special place in my heart. As for baking, I don’t bake cookies all that often but I did find a great recipe for chai spiced sugar cookies, which I love. They remind me a little bit of ginger snaps, which are also pretty awesome.

6. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Chai spiced ginger cookies. That sounds interesting. I love a molasses cookie, too, but don't make them anymore because my husband finds them to be too strong for his taste. The ginger cookies might be a good compromise so I'll have to look for them online.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Oatmeal raisin is my most made cookie, but peanut butter with a Hershey kiss in the middles is my favorite to eat. And I always have this goal to press sugar cookies and decorate them but I must do it once in a decade. My favorite store bought cookie is frosted oatmeal raisin or those almond pin wheel cookies.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Back in the day when I was growing up there was a bakery called Ernst's Bakery. It was run by a baker who was around 6'5'' & was always grumpy every day. However, he has made the best cookies I have eaten in my entire life. Period. He made these kolachkis (Polish cookie) that I cannot find anywhere & I wish I could. They were shaped like 3 inch long diamonds & filled with sweet cheese, cherries, plums, apples, & so on while being drizzled with a cream cheese icing. Oh. My. God. The best. I'm sad thinking about it now. :(

9. LeopardJones

Threads:
    This was the recipe I used for the chai spice cookies:

There are probably others, but I can definitely vouch for that one.

Haha, looking at my Pinterest food board reminded me, I would totally bake some unicorn poop cookies. I’m also a big fan of any type of coconut cookie. I baked chocolate macaroons once and they were a bit of a hassle, but so delicious.

10. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate chip is my favorite now. When I was a child, it was oreos. I think as long as there is chocolate involved, I like it. I think nuts in cookies are a tasty combination. Pecans are my favorite nut to add to cookies. As much as I love ginger, the cookies are too strong for me. I love the mellow goodness of chocolate.

11. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the link.:)
    I'm pretty fond of coconut too. I can't say as I've ever heard of unicorn poop cookies. The word "interesting" hardly seems adequate to describe that.

12. LeopardJones

Threads:
    You’re welcome! Hahaha, I think the unicorn poop cookie was some kind of sugar cookie with liberal use of sprinkles and food coloring. They looked quite, uh… beautiful. Yeah, I’ll go with that. Pinterest houses a variety of weird and wonderful recipes, that’s for sure.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how to bake, so my favorite ones are those that are found in the supermarket, like Oreo and Chips Ahoy. Crinkles taste good too, and there is a huge difference in taste between the cheaply made ones and the expensive ones.

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Chocolate chip cookie is the best one for me. :) It's already a classic, and it's my all time favorite go-to dessert. I like my chocolate chip cookie soft and a bit chewy. The taste is really amazing. ;)

15. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not picky with food especially desserts or sweets in general. So when it comes to cookies, I go with just about anything. From oatmeal raisin cookies to chocolate chip cookies to organic herbal cookies, there's nothing I would not try. However, I prefer the softer types of cookies these days because I'm concerned about my teeth getting brittle.