Favorite cosmetics store?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Haliegh • Mar 31, 2012.

1. Haliegh

HalieghNew Member

Threads:
    I love Sephora, they have so many of my favorite brands and I just love looking around at all the different products they have on display. The make-up artists also give free consultations, you can ask them to do a specific "look" and they'll do your makeup for you (no purchase required but it is polite :p). The only drawback is how expensive their products are, so I can only go there infrequently.

When I'm being more budget-conscious I like Ulta and CVS. I like Ulta because the prices are cheaper but they do have some well-known brands and the employees seem to know a lot about make-up. And of course I like CVS because it's cheap. I just picked up a couple Revlon Lip Butters there.

What's your absolute favorite store to buy your cosmetics? What are your favorite brands?

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use a lot of Avon cosmetics, which I buy from my granddaughter. However, for a change, and when I run out of the odd item, I love to shop in Yves Rocher stores. You can buy their products online and by mail order, and they don't have a huge number of stores worldwide, but I'm kucky that there's one in Torrevieja, about 10 miles from where I live.

I like Yves Rocher lipsticks - they're the only ones apart from Avon and Revlon that stay put for hours. I also like their body lotions and shampoos. I haven't found a fragrance of theirs that I really like, though.

3. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    I like Nordstrom! Their sales associates are usually very friendly and helpful. They have a very nice selection. Sometimes I visit a MAC pro store but I don't always like what I see. I now get my cosmetics from different places online. I generally don't like to stick to one brand. I like to switch things around and see what else is out there.

I forget to add, there's also something called the Cosmetics Company Outlet or CCO for short. Do you happen to live nearby one?

Here's a link that shows how many stores are in each state but I'm not sure how updated this database is. It's worth taking a look. They sell a lot of seasonal and some popular items at discounted prices but beware some of the items are from older seasons. Hope this helps!

4. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    When I read the title of your post, I immediately though Sephora and Ulta! So it was funny to read your post and see the same 2 stores mentioned. Sephora is my beauty splurge, and as you said Ulta is my store that is more budget friendly.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy my cosmetics from Macy's, but now I buy from Target. Times have changed!

6. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    CVS, definitely! I can have high-quality products at an affordable price. I buy my cosmetic gifts there :)

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I usually purchase my cosmetics from drugstore.com. They have a large selection of cosmetics and great deals every month. Sometimes you get free shipping with orders over $40 or other special deals. Their prices are also very reasonable.

8. paolochicha

paolochichaNew Member

Threads:
    I love Oriflame products, I use only Oriflame for the last 3 years and all works great for me. Every month they have new products and special offers. None of these products have been tested on animals and they are the first company in the world which started with 100% natural products. But the most important is that they also have earning opportunities for everyone who need extra money or you can even build your own business.

9. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I used to almost always prefer Sephora. I always liked the atmosphere in there. However, during my most recent visit a couple days ago, I had the worst service that resulted to me leaving the store totally unhappy. I couldn't locate the sales associates anywhere in the store to help me, and when I found them they were chatting away. I felt intruding as I interrupted them to ask for help. They relunctantly did, seemingly disinterested and annoyed the whole time.

I went to Ulta yesterday, and immediately someone approached me asking if I needed help. She then assisted me with whatever I needed, and happily explained the products to me. I don't want to shun Sephora just because of some unprofessional employees, but I definitely will be avoiding THAT particular store. I now feel more comfortable going to Ulta for my beauty needs.

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I wish we had some specialty cosmetic stores nearby, but I'm pretty much limited to CVS. It's not so bad, I get a lot of choices there! I don't wear much makeup, but I'm fond of Maybelline and L'oreal. It seems like their foundations work better with my skin tone and type than others do.

11. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot of my cosmetics etc from Boots and Superdrug. They tended to stock all the various brands. After that, a friend of mine worked for a cosmetics brand and so we got a lot of freebies. Now, I buy most of my cosmetics online or at an organic market.

12. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I only ever buy mine online! I know that isn't very good for matching shade etc, but I just love E.L.F Cosmetics, there products are cheap and very high quality. For foundation where matching is important, I go to Walmart, as their prices are ridiculously cheap compared to everywhere else.

ELF is great because many of their items are $1, and usually they have promotions, of free products, free shipping, or buy one get one frees.

13. Stephanie

StephanieMember

Threads:
    Thank you for the reminder about CCO. I've found some great finds there, but don't always make a trip out of my way find them. I should, because they're usually worth it.

I heart Ulta! I used to shop there before I moved to our new house and they weren't anywhere near us! After 5 long years they finally built one and it is only 10 minutes from my house. Heaven! I appreciate the mix of expensive cosmetics combined with lower priced ones and I like their awards program.

14. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I buy my cosmetics from DM. It's German chain. They have very differend kind of make up and on different prices. They have products for babys, laundry products cleaning products... I love S.He. This is German make up brand. They have everything and is very cheap!

15. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I also love Sephora because there are lot to choose from and their staff is really cool and nice. I love their service and all their products. Next to Sephora would be M.A.C. I personally love their lipsticks!

16. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I use Bare Minerals foundation, and I try to pick it up at Ulta when they have a coupon. They have coupons in the ads they mail to people on their mailing list, but most of the time those can't be used on the higher priced products. A few times a year they will have special coupons that can be used on things like the Bare Minerals products, so I always watch for those.

17. lynda22

lynda22New Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Sephora and MAC. Otherwise, any of the department store beauty counters will do. I like Holt Renfrew in Canada, and Neiman's or Saks in the States.

18. jojocoach

jojocoachNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite store is Bare Minerals Outlet. There you can buy all the products at a discount. If you check online you can find where these stores are. They are located in Outlet Malls.

19. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    Its funny I see this site on here because I order from there a few months ago. I order some for my skin and never looked back. Its my favorite store now lol.

20. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:

The Yves Rocher products are very good but also expensive..Not anyone can afford these products..but when it comes to your skin and beauty, I think you should make some sacrifices and spend money on it..because it's a good investment. Regarding the Avon products, I have my doubts...