Favorite desert involving fruit?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kate23 • Mar 9, 2014.

1. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    There are so many choices of different fruit deserts. All different kinds of pies with everything from the common Apple and cherry pies, to the more unusual like loquat pie. There's fruity muffins and candied fruit and fruit mixed in ice cream and so much more! What are your favorites?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite dessert involving fruit is actually pretty simple, strawberries and cream, I love them! When the strawberries are sweet and when the cream are made in the right way, nothing like having them on a summer day, it's really hard to beat!

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favourite desert with fruit is a bowl of sweet quinoa porridge with gently stewed peaches. I cook the quinoa flakes for a few minutes, add cinnamon, nutmeg and a bit of stevia. Then I pour the peaches over the porridge. If peaches are not available, I try to get cherries or plums. It's very important to me that the grain is organic and fruit ripe and fresh, preferably also organic. I don't buy fruit in tins as it usually has a high sugar content and that doesn't agree with my taste buds.

4. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite food involving fruit is peach cobbler. I love eating it with ice cream. It is absolutely delicious. My grandmother use to make it form scratch when i was younger. It became my favorite desert, and a tradition. Although i can not cook it from scratch like my grandmother. I buy it often for my family.

5. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Summer time is the best time for adding fruit to many dishes. We have fresh local strawberries, blueberries, and peaches that cannot be beat by store-bought versions of the same things.

When I find them in season and relatively cheap, I love a good peach/blueberry cobbler after a grilled dinner in summer time. I have a really easy recipe (1cup sugar, 1cup flour, 1 egg, and fruit = bake at 350 for about 45 minutes). It is so easy and so good and versatile. You can add almost any fruit, vanilla extract, cinnamon... the sky is the limit and it is great by itself, with ice cream, or whipped cream on top. We can't keep it in the house. It gets eaten within a day or two.

My husband, on the other hand, is partial to his mother's homemade pear pie. He grew up with several pear trees on his family farm, and pear pie is by far his favorite dessert in life.

6. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I love a good strawberry shortcake. Buiscuits are so easy to make and the ones you don't use keep well. It's also a good way to use soft strawberries so they won't go bad. I will mash my strawberries up with a potato masher and add a bit of sugar if they need it. I then have a startberry sauce to pour over the biscuits and top it with whipped cream. YUMMY!

7. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently I have discovered the pleasures of a mango mousse. I've eaten it on occasion, but for some reason I find it more tasty now, probably is some special recipe from the restaurant I am eating it, I think I should ask them how they do it!