Favorite Diet Sodas

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Oct 22, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm honestly surprised at how much I like the diet version of Coke since when I initially heard about it, I instantly thought that I would probably never substitute my extremely sweet drink for a light version, but now that I've been ordering it a few more times than usual, I'm actually finding myself liking it, and in some occasions I think I like it even more than the regular version because it's not as strong. That said, I thought the same would go for other sodas so I tried it all, like diet Sprite and diet Rootbeer but those didn't appeal to me as much.

What about you guys, any diet soda brands that you think are noteworthy? Do you like some diet versions better than their regular counterparts like me?

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Diet sodas are incredibly unhealthy, although they're fine to consume on occasion. I don't really mind the flavor of diet sodas, although some of them are absolutely terrible compared to their regular counterparts. Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi taste fine to me, even though I do prefer the regular ones better. I wouldn't call them terrible by any means, though.

3. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Dr Pepper Light is pretty alright to me. Personally though I'd rather drink the full bodied soda on occasion as a treat, and water most of the time, than drink diet soda more often.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Coke Zero and Pepsi Max better than their diet versions. Coke Zero has a rich yet sweet taste and what's great about it is that rather than aspartame, which is a harmful substance, the company uses sucralose as alternative sweetener. Though I don't know the ingredients of Pepsi Max, the taste draws me in.

5. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Coke Zero. I confess I am a coke fanatic before but I suddenly starts to notice the fats around my belly. So I decided to stop buying regular softdrinks and buy Coke zero instead. The taste is the same. I actually do not find any major difference between regular coke and diet coke. Sometimes I find coke zero slighty less sweeter than the regular one.

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I decided a long time ago to cut right back on soda drinks. Back when I used to drink a lot of soda, I hated diet versions. I don't like the taste at all because of the sweeteners, and for some reason they always seem flat to me. Plus there's this misconception that they are the healthier option. I just don't like them.

7. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    Ooooh, man. I love me some Diet Dr. Pepper. I know I shouldn't drink it. I know all about aspartame. I know but I can't drink regular soda & I really love the taste of Diet Dr. Pepper. If it could be my actual doctor I might consider it. However, it's an occasional thing. I take the aspartame thing seriously. I usually drink sparkling water. :(