Favorite Disney movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by andrew172 • Feb 27, 2014.

1. andrew172

andrew172Active Member

Threads:
    As the title says really? What's everyone's favorite Disney movie? This include Pixar, but not Marvel or abc movies or any other subsidiary.
    Mine are:
    Toy Story,
    The Lion King,
    Pirate's of the Caribbean,
    Fantasia

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, I have tons of favorites! I love all of the old favorites...Cinderella, etc. I also love Finding Nemo, Shark Tale...

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorites are some of the older ones!
    They are Lady and the Tramp (I even got a Cavalier King Charles spaniel because I loved it as a child!), Peter Pan, Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and The Lion King. I love these so much that if someone puts it on TV I will not only watch the whole movie again, but will sing the songs and know many of the lines! For Peter Pan, for example, it was passing on a kids channel last week and I was surprised at how many lines I still have memorized!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite one is the first one I saw in the theaters which is Beauty and the Beast. I never liked musical numbers in movies, even when I was younger, but somehow this was one of the movies that I thought did it justice enough for me to ignore my pet peeves. Another one that I feel similarly towards is Peter Pan. I watched this cartoon on video tape over and over when I was younger and I've also even watched it once or twice again as an adult and I still enjoyed it just as much. These two movies get a pass from me when it comes to breaking out into song and dance numbers.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    The Little Mermaid. I like beach environments and the ocean. Part of Your World is one of my favorite songs and I really like Ariel. She the most unique Disney princesses.

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite will always be the Toy Story Trilogy. I think it's the best animation ever. It has a perfect blend of humor, drama, and touching scenes. The movies taught me to appreciate what I have more and to cherish frienships. Other than Toy Story, I generally prefer the old DIsney classics from the 2D era.

7. onmywaytoacube

onmywaytoacubeNew Member

Threads:
    Actually, I have many favorite Disney movies. I love all the classics such as Aladdin, Jungle Book, Lady and the Tramp, and Peter Pan.
    However, my favorite classic movie is 101 Dalmations because of the fact that it was one of the first, and I loved everything about it.
    I also love the animated Alice in Wonderland because its just very odd. Among the Disney Pixar movies, I love them all like Ratatouis,
    and Monsters Inc. but my favorite is Toy Story.

8. Batiatus

BatiatusMember

Threads:
    The little Mermaid and The Lion King. I must have watched this movies like 20 times :) Even today I watch them with my nephew.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm, none of you love the movie Frozen? It's the most recent Disney animated flick. It also has the hit song Let It Go. The story is amazing and the ending is top notch. The animation is so fluid and makes it even more fun to watch. It's definitely my one of favorite Disney movies. Aside from Frozen, I also love the following:
    -Tangled
    -The Lion King
    -Toy Story
    -Bolt
    -Wall-E

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have recently begun revisiting many of the old animated Disney movies, as my children are now old enough to watch them. I'm finding that many of my favorites from childhood are just plain weird and a little scary. Dumbo? The Fox and the Hound? As an adult, I think many of the messages presented are borderline - but as a kid I obviously never knew (and oddly enough, my kids love them just as much because they are about animals, go figure).

I still love The Little Mermaid, and I still love Peter Pan and Robin Hood.

I also have enjoyed almost all of the more recently released Pixar movies. I think Disney found a gold mine when they started making animated films that have adult humor in them. It is actually enjoyable to sit down and watch movies with my kids right now, despite the fact that they are only 4 and 7.

11. Cadence

CadenceMember

Threads:
    Oh this is a hard question! Partly because there are so many movies made by Disney and half of them you don't even realize it's Disney. I did love Frozen but not sure if it's a favorite yet. Finding Nemo used to be a very strong favorite a few years back and I've lost count on how many times I've watched it, it's been many year since the last time now though so I better watch it soon.. When I was little I watched SO much Disney movies that I barely even remember today.. Donald Duck, Mickey mouse etc was something we watched on TV every week. Nowadays there's nothing like that.. Not sure I would enjoy it the same if I watched it today, I'm more into the newer Pixar films now.
    Honestly though; have Disney ever made anything that was truly bad? I can't remember that happening.

12. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie is probably Finding Nemo. It's a good movie, and I liked it when I was younger. It's a good length, has great animation and plus the storyline is pretty good. And who doesn't like to watch cartoons? All in all Finding Nemo is a pretty good movie and is definitely my favorite Disney movie.

13. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    There's a lot of disney movies that I can remember since my childhood days and most of them are really good but my favorites are the more recent ones because of the new technology and techniques on animation and cinematography that are present it made the movies come to life and more vibrant.
    Two of my favorites are:
    tangled- I love the spin on the rapunzel story, the songs were also fantastic.
    lion king- the story was very heartwarming and family oriented, I also love how it was rendered artistically.

14. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    Mines is the Toy story whole series. I also liked Finding Nemo and I think Shark Tales was disney too.

15. 29525500

29525500Member

Threads:
    My favorite has pretty much always been the animated Robinhood. The anthropomorphic version. There is just something about it that I have always like. After that would have to be 101 Dalmatians. The art style is absolutely fantastic.

16. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    Growing up, I actually loved Hercules the most out of all Disney films. Not only is the soundtrack extremely catchy, but I've also had a strong interest in mythology.

Hercules deals with the gods, with Olympus, and the mystical powers each character has. The movie is really a favorite of mine.

I also watched all Toy Story films and I enjoyed those as well.

17. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite Disney movie is "Toy Story" simply because i have so many vivid memories of watching it as a kid. I loved Buzz Lightyear. I also play this movie for my nephews sometimes.

18. MLNewkirk

MLNewkirkNew Member

Threads:
    I love the older ones like Mary Poppins and Dumbo. I especially loved the music in Mary Poppins. I still remember the songs and sing them to my son everyday. He turns a year old next month so he doesn't have the attention span yet to sit down and watch a movie with me. But when he does, Mary Poppins is on the top of my list of Disney movies to watch with him.

19. asereht1970

asereht1970Member

Threads:
    I get to watch many Disney movies now that I have my young nieces and nephews as an excuse to watch movies for kids. So I had a lot of favorites. But my real favorites are also the favorites of my nieces and nephews and we watch them all for so many times now. They are the Toy Story series, The Lion King, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast.

20. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    This is pretty tough, there are so many masterpieces out there. Out of sheer nostalgia I would go with The Lion King, everything about that movie is perfect from the story to the soundtrack and characters.