Favorite fast food chain?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Dude • Mar 31, 2012.

1. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    Even though we're all trying to be healthier, sometimes you just have to stop by a fast food chain. What is your preference, and which have you found to be the cheapest?

I personally go to Subway. As long as you avoid excessive amounts of sodium, their sandwiches are fairly healthy. I usually don't go to any other fast food restaurants because of how poorly the employees are treated. A friend of mine lost two of his fingers working at McDonalds, and didn't receive a penny of help. He got fired.

What are your favorite fast food chains?

2. Haliegh

HalieghNew Member

Threads:
    Ouch, sorry to hear about your friend! That's crazy. Did he try to sue for wrongful termination?

I love In-N-Out Burger. They don't have them around here (Chicago) so I visit one every time I'm on the West Coast. Their menu is really simple but everything is made fresh and it's all so delicious, and they treat their employees well. When I'm trying to be more health-conscious, I do stop at Subway. ;) I love the grilled chicken breast with a little honey mustard sauce and veggies.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I'm a big fan of Subway. It's great that the subs are prepared freshly, and they also have a range of healthy choices as well. I've never been disappointed, and it's good that you can customise your sandwiches. The price is right, as well - they have some excellent deals.

4. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    My vote would also be for Subway. Their items are healthy and nutritious. There are several different types of buns to choose from as well as meats. The vegetables are always fresh and I load my sandwich with them. I only leave out the hot peppers. I have even ordered a plain veggie sandwich before and it tasted great.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've heard of some Subways being built in my city but I've never been to one. My brother has told me their sandwiches are delicious, though!

Right now my favorite food chain would be Mc Donald's. I haven't tasted a burger in a while, but man, those are good! (And expensive, and small)

6. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I like Subway, but my favourite is Pret A Manger. Their food is fresher than fresh, chemical and additive free,and absolutely delicious. They do wonderful salads, too. I don't really eat 'fast food' as such - I will occasionally indulge in an Egg McMuffin from Macdonalds if I haven't had time for breakfast before I leave for work, but I would never consider a burger chain as my venue of choice for food.

7. encryptedbytes

encryptedbytesMember

Threads:
    I like Subway, Taco Bell, an McDonalds a lot (no haters please!), but since the economy has declined and money has gotten tighter I've taken to cooking at home a lot more than I used to. It's cheaper and the food tends to be better if you're a half way decent cook.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I like Wendy's. I worked there when I was a teenager and at least back then, everything was brought in fresh every morning. The hamburger was bought locally and was REAL hamburger. All the veggies had to be washed and prepared every morning, too. It would takes us almost two hours to do all the morning prep work before we opened and the closing crew had about a two hour process to clean and close the store. The franchise owner was real adamant about the store's cleanliness and insisted on good personal hygene of the people that worked there. They just seemed to be the only place I know of that served true fast food with that level of quality.

9. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    WOW! I cannot believe what happened to your friend in McDonalds! I go there quite frequently!! In Canada, what I like at McD's is if they screw up your order, you get a free meal. One time, they missed a $1.29 fry from my order, and I got a coupon for a free meal. I took the 10 piece McNugget meal...pure gluttony!!

As for my favourite, I think it has to be Subway, because there are so many healthy choices and not only is it cheap, but is also very very filling.

10. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Hmm, my favorite fast food chain would have to be.... Arbys.... & Panda Express! ^_^. Their both quite expensive though. I wish I had a wendys here cause I'd always eat there!

11. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite fast food chain is probably Taco Bell! Subway is great, but I do not consider it fast food, really. We do have one Subway that has a drive-thru, but typically it is more of a sit down place in my area. Qdoba is another quick sit down place that I love.

12. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite fast food chains are Carl's Jr., Subway, and Burger King. I eat at Subway when I'm in the mood for fresh, healthy food and at Carl's Jr. or Burger King when I want to divulge in greasy junk food.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a big fan of Subway. I don't know why, it's just a sandwich shop. My favorite is El Pollo Loco. They sell fire-grilled chicken. Absolutely delicious and you have your choice of side dishes and plenty of healthy choices. I think this chain is mostly in the western part of the United States.

14. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    As far as fast food goes, I love Whataburger! Their chicken tenders and fries are amazing!

15. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I have to vote for Wendy's too although a small family fast food that is not a chain but it is close to my house is better, but I can't believe what your friend had to go through. And they launch themselves as a good brand!

16. KingB

KingBNew Member

Threads:
    My two favorite McDonald's and Sonic, but I also like White Castle

17. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    I love the hamburgers and french fries at Wendy's. I love the combination of the mayo and ketchup on the hamburgers. They have the best in my opinion. The fries have the perfect amount of salt on them and they are always nice and hot. That is always my first choice.

18. angeldrb

angeldrbNew Member

Threads:
    I like McDonald's and it really disappoints me to know about what happened to your friend. I like their fries because they're not too salty and I love the pickles in their hamburger. If I ever hear another news about them ignoring their employees, I'd sure boycott them. Ha!

19. Jozhua130

Jozhua130New Member

Threads:
    Have you guys heard of Chowking, Jolibee and or Greenwich? :D Those three are my favorites but a little bit inclined to Greenwich. They are all based in the Philippines but has slowly expanded out into asia and the rest of the world.

20. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    Mine would be Subway and Wendy's. When I feel like eating a sandwich, I always go to Subway and order two. One is for there and one is for to-go. It is just kind of messy to eat but it's delicious. I also like Wendy's and its Biggie burgers, iced tea and fries! Yum! ;)