Favorite Free Apps?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Amanda K • Oct 17, 2014.

1. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, my favorite is Easy Shift because I can actually make money with it. I also use Facebook a lot- though whether I actually like it or not is debatable. I downloaded Shopkick, but have not used it yet. GapnSnap seems to be great for other people, but I never got paid for my snaps. What are your favorite free apps?

2. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Checkout 51 is wonderful for saving a little here and there on food. I usually get about $1.50 a week in earning on it. I just started Snap and Receipt Hog, remains to be seen how those will work out for me as I've just started.

I like SwagTV and PerkTV. SwagTV earns points faster, but there is a limit, once reach that limit I move on to PerkTV for the rest of the day. Great way to rack up a few extra each day while not actually working. I think I make maybe 50 cents daily on it, but it still adds up, especially since I'm not actively working for it.

3. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    Some of my favorite apps include Facebook, Twitter, ESPN Scorecenter, NFL App, CNBC, Fox News, CNN. However, my favorite free app at the moment is Spotify. It's a free app that allows you to listen to practically any song you want to. For free. On your terms. It's not like Pandora where it selects a random song based on your listening preference. I definitely recommend this app, as a must download.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Well, if we're talking about the ones that aren't the standbys, I am testing out Snap by Groupon right now. The only issue that I have with it is that they have such limited offers to try to redeem. I think it's fairly new, so maybe it will build into something else. I like the fact that I'm not required to shop at certain stores, since my favorite stores are not considered among the majors.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I really like checkout 51! So useful and easy to use :). I end up using facebook and twitter more than I'd care to admit too xD.

6. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not much of an "app" person unlike my kids who got lots (really lots :D) of apps installed/stored on their phones.

I only have a few on my phone - a couple of games (reversi and sudoku) to pass the time and a Nike running app to monitor my running activities. All free and all favorites of mine. :)

7. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have a little cooking timer app that I use a lot. It has 5 different timers (stove eyes + oven) and is handy because I only have 2 timers in my kitchen. I downloaded it on a whim but ended up using it more often than I thought. It will definitely come in handy for thanksgiving this year. I love little productivity apps that make my life easier :)

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My favorite is. Peko peko which once allowed you to earn a good amount of pocket change but sadly it's now going away at the end f the month. It was fun while it lasted because they actually paid you for playing games with people and interacting with them. I just hope some similar app comes out soon to fill the void as I've never really found any other earning app like it.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently missed a TV show, and it hasn't yet been uploaded online so that I can download and watch it. So i took to my android in the hopes that I would be able to find some kind of catch up application of the channel that airs this show that I missed. I ended up instead finding a free live TV app, with lots of TV channels, and it doesn't crash or take all that long to buffer. Also, you can record shows with it and watch them later, which I think is amazing. So as of today this app is my favorite now.

10. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I need to get that app, DerekLass. We have been through an ordeal just trying to get the local channels on our TV. We have gone through three digital antennas. Since we are cutting the cable after Boardwalk Empire ends (very soon, sob), being able to watch TV on my iPhone will help smooth the transition.

11. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks Penny lane my timer on my oven doesn't work and I would have never though of downloading an app to replace it. But now I will be. Sounds great. I don't really have that many apps I'd say Candy Crush Saga is my favourite because that's the one I use the most along with the navigation app. This is a great help because I am very good at getting lost.

12. DreekLass

Threads:
    Amanda K, the app that I installed is called. LiveNow!tv. I am really enjoying it so far. It makes you register with them after a while. But it is completely free to do so, although I think that there is a paid version. You can only watch the channels in HD for a certain amount of time, before you have to watch it in normal quality. But this is no biggie since the normal quality is actually pretty clear and good. The buffering is brilliant for me too. They will ask you to enter what country you are from too.

13. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of free apps that I love. I'll focus on my productivity apps: Wunderlist - to-do list. Evernote - for quick notes. Kingsoft Office - much like MS Office. MeditateFree - meditation app. CM Browser - superfast browser. CoolReader - ebook reader.

14. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite free app is DV Booster, It's a good app for cleaning and speeding up my phone, the good thing about this app is that it tells you when your phone needs boosting, or you can manually boost it when you want to. I use DV Booster practically every day, as I said previously, I would love if Play Store started to offer free movies :) but, do you guys know of any free movie apps by chance?

15. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! Now that you mentioned it, I am having a difficult time choosing only one favorite app out of at least a dozen apps I installed on my android phone. My favorite would be Viber. It saves me a lot of money with its free and quick messaging functions. Since I mostly stay at home I use Viber as my main messaging and calling app. Even if I change phones, like if I move my sim from an android to a windows phone, the interface is basically the same. No hassles at all.

16. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Aside from the usual social networking sites, I constantly play the free game apps like Candy Crush, 2048, 4 Pics 1 Word, Piano Tiles, Pou and more. I also like language learning apps. I've downloaded conversational Korean and Japanese apps as well as an app that facilitates memorization of Japanese characters (katakana, kanji and hiragana).

17. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have tried a few boster applications. Mostly battery ones though, and I had to go through a number of them to see any effects on my Android device at all. Admittedly, I bought a cheap android, and because of that I have to deal with the fact that the battery on the device drains even when it is switched off. So I installed numerous battery boosting apps, settling on one in the end, which isn't all that much better than the others. But seems to be just a touch better, These booster apps are not my fav app by a long shot lol.