Favorite Headphones for Cheap!

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Kevin128672 • May 19, 2014.

1. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    Do you guys have any preference in the headphones that you buy? I've been looking for some cheap headphones that don't sacrifice any sound quality. So far, the best headphones I can find for the value are the Panasonic RPHJE120k. When I bought them from Amazon, they were only $6.50 and had pretty good sound quality. They were much better than the standard Apple earphones! So do you guys have any suggestion as to which headphones I should try?

2. Grapejars

GrapejarsNew Member

Threads:
    I will have to try those, as we often lose headphones at our house. We generally use sony MDRJ-10, but at 14.19 from Amazon, they are twice as much as the Panasonic headphones you recommend. We like these because of sound quality, but also because earbuds tend to hurt my ears. These have an over the ear design which helps them stay on.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I only buy headphones from Panasonic and Sony brand because they always have a good sound quality to me. They also last very long unless I lost my headphone somewhere and taken by someone else. They feel comfortable in my ears and though they are quite expensive but because I love listening to music so much, the quality is very important to me.

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like Skull Candy earbuds. I started using them when I was a teenager, and I've never switched to another brand since! They're pretty cheap but are really nice quality.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Sony and it's pretty durable! Mine lasted for 6 years with regular use and would probably lasted much longer if it wasn't intentionally damaged. I think it's really worth it to buy branded earphones, because they are of good quality as compared to those cheap ones.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite brands for cheap headphones are Sony and Samsung. They both make really low cost phones that last for a long time, have fairly good audio quality, sturdy and good quality wires and will not give you trouble for a while. I actually bought another brand for about the same price last time and the audio quality is so poor compared to my Sony headphones.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sony has always been "bass-y" when it comes to their earphones, and I prefer that to those earphones that emphasizes the treble more than the bass. Which brand did you buy that you did not like? I bought A4Tech and I kinda did not like how it sounds. It emphasizes the treble, which can only be good if you're listening to rock music.

8. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for the old school type of headphones, mostly for at-home use, I find these to be great for $14 at Walmart -->

Amazing reviews and overall a pretty good product. I've gone through quite a few headphones in the past, but this one is still alive and kicking for me.

If you're looking for ear buds, not sure to be honest. I always wonder if those harm your hearing more than standard headphones.

9. MindTheGap

MindTheGapNew Member

Threads:
    I know it has the word "gaming" in the name but trust me these headphones are cheap and durable. Check out the Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset, I think just about every popular online store stocks them. They are $27 US on NewEgg I think, and the microphone is detachable so you can use it for Skype, then when you don't need the mic just disconnect it.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm not really very picky when it comes to headsets because I'm not too much of an audio quality nut. I'm satisfied with even the cheapest ear buds or headphones as long as the sound quality is decent enough. I do it this way because I'm pretty messy and I tend to lose or break my items fairly easily and when it comes to smaller things like earphones, it's way easier for me to misplace or lose them, and if I lose cheap ones then I wouldn't mind it too much. I do still purchase some higher quality ones every now and again, though, but it's mainly just for the physical designs since some of the newer headset designs look very nice ever since Beats made headphones trendy and other companies started following suit.

11. Grumpy

GrumpyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just use earphones as in-ears, but recently they've started to break more and more on me, and although they're cheap, it's a pain having to keep rebuying them. I did have a pair of Beats last year but snapped the headband on them in an accident so they're pretty much useless now and Beats Support are refusing my warranty... anyone know of any relatively cheap over-ear headphones for say under $50?

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    For so long I've bought the cheapy headphones or have just used the kind that have come with a cd player or cassette player and they always seem to break more easily and then I splurged and spent some extra money on a nicer set a JVC and a few years later they are still working. One side is out actually but they are still working lol which is more than what I can say for other sets I have had in the past. I can't remember the exact cost but think they were under $50.

#12Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always bought the cheapest headphones, or close to the cheapest headphones, from Walmart. They worked fine, and I always took good care of them. Then my daughter laughed at them, and gave me a pair of hers. They are called Able Planet, and they are noise suppressing as well. They use 2 AAA batteries, and the sound is awesome ! ! I still have the little cheapie Walmart ones, and they are fine if I am just watching a video on youtube, or Netflix; but if I am going to listen to music, I always use the nice ones that my daughter gave me.

14. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

I am now officially a Skull Candier myself. I used to be a JVC Gumy fan. But those earbuds kept going out on me after a few months. Then I bought a new version with Noise Isolation technology. Those went bad eventually too. I couldn't find that model again, because they upped the old NI Gumy's to JVC Gumy plus. Which have that ugly clear piece you put in your ears? So I moved on to Skull Candy. Paid $12 for the Skull Candy JiB's. Good earbuds!