Favorite Kitchen Store? Favorite Kithen Gadget?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gin0710 • Oct 27, 2014.

1. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    Or department stores to buy kitchen supplies.

I love going to Bed Bath and Beyond. They always have the best kitchen gadgets and the best deals on prices. Also Marshalls and Ross always have great discounts on kitchen supplies. I think I've gotten a few POTS AND PANS from there at a decent price and they always last a good long time.

My favorite kitchen gadget would have to be the cookie baller. It always makes my cookies the perfect size and it's easy to use. I also love the reusable ice cubes that allow you to freeze them and re-freeze them when you're finished using them. Best idea yet!

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I don't think Macy's is given enough credit for their housewares section. I love that place and I've gotten some of the best deals there. Target isn't bad, but I find more of a variety and the kind of higher end brands I like at Bed and Macy's.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like going to williams sonoma. Everything is so pretty...I also have a really nice local shop downtown. I go just to look around. I want all of the pots and knives. My favorite kitchen gadget is my microplane. It comes in handy all the time! I love putting citrus zest in recipes.

4. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I like Macy's, but it's too rich for me. Though it would be nice to get a collection of pots and pans that will last forever. I also like Nordstrom's collection. They have nice expensive brands and items that make your house look pricey and expensive. Someday...someday...I'll have expensive things to show off.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I can't really be bothered to go to special kitchen stores, as they usually charge a lot more than in supermarkets. Since I am renting a place, I only ever invest in things that I need and that are practical. I know that when I have my own home that I will probably be a lot more particular, and invest in high quality equipment that will last me for a long time. But at this stage of my life, I never know exactly what is going to happen next and how much of my stuff I have to leave behind, as I tend to travel a lot and work overseas a lot.

6. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like Target because it is so cheap! If I want something good I buy it on Amazon and get it for free by using gift cards that I earn online. I also shop at Bed Bath & Beyond when I have a 20% off coupon.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    AND it smells good.

Totally agree. In fact, I found a recipe on Pinterest for "How To Make Your House Smell Like Williams Sonoma." No lie.

I've decided I cannot stand Bed Bath And Beyond. I'll go there, when I know the price is the best and I can use a 20% off coupon on top of that - but finding items in that store is reminiscent of Where's Waldo. And don't even get me started on the teeny tiny aisles and getting stuck behind old people in them. The one redeeming factor (on top of cheap prices) is the free gift wrap section, which I often use for things I didn't even buy at BB&B.

I have to admit I've had a lot of success with Kohl's for kitchen stuff too. Good prices. Good coupons. Store isn't a disaster in the kitchen section.

8. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing you aren't married. Keep this in mind when you register for your wedding. You will be amazed at how many people will seriously splurge on things like the nicest ever set of pots and pans for a wedding gift. I registered at Macy's and do not regret it for one minute. Nordstrom would have been smart too but we don't have one in our town, so returns would have been tough.

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have two big Outlet centers near me which feature a ton of outlet stores for big brands as well as some lesser known companies. One of these centers has at least three separate stores that sell kitchen gadgets. Plus our local malls sometimes get seasonal kitchen gadget stores around the holidays.

I will admit, I am a total sucker for these stores, especially when it's payday, and I go on shopping sprees everywhere. But over the past 7 or so years I amassed way too many kitchen appliances and gadgets and I ended up getting rid of almost all of them when I moved, to start fresh. These days I try to get by with the bare minimum to keep my cabinets clean and organized.

One gadget I do continue to use though would be my potato ricer. I absolutely love the texture it gives to mashed potatoes. Prior to owning one I had always used a hand mixer, which not only would splatter everywhere, but I would sometimes over mix the potatoes and ruin them. I never have to worry about this with my potato ricer. All it takes is a few stirs with a spoon and they are all blended together perfectly.