Favorite Leave-in Conditioner?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by hayrake • Feb 4, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using Garnier Fructis Sleek N Shine for several years now. It works fine for me. I also like the Ion leave in conditioner that you can get at Sally's; but for the price I think I'll stick with the Garnier. If you use a leave-in, do you have a favorite?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have really been loving a leave in conditioner by Elvive. it was cheap at the drugstore and it's effective. I also LOVE the CHI Silk Infusion, which is an oil for your hair to look silky smooth and shiny. Sometimes I'll skip the leave in and apply this oil alone.

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I must really be out of touch because I had no idea there was a leave in conditioner available. Do leave in conditioners really make much difference on your hair and also how much does it generally run?

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    The Garnier one I use is 10.2 ounces and runs about four dollars but can get closer to five in some places. I have fairly long hair that is thick and a bottle can last me close to six months, I'm guessing--I tend to shampoo my hair only every four to five days most times.
    Using the leave in does make a difference. It makes your hair so much easier to comb through after washing; and, in general, just gives it a much softer, healthier appearance. Adds a little shine, too.

5. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks very much for the information. I do have thick hair too but its short, so a bottle would probably last me over a year or so which makes it quite cheap. Healthier looking hair with a bit of shine sounds good to me. I will check it out next time I'm at the store :)

6. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have frizzy, coarse afro hair that needs extra TLC, so I like to use a lot of conditioner. I experiment and never really stick to the same products. I'm not sure I have found my holy grail just yet, as I'm yet to stick to just one product. I have started to use the Redken extreme anti-snap leave-in treatment as it was recommended to me. It's not cheap, but so far so good :)

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like leave in conditioners as they make my hair feel heavy and greasy and I ended up having to wash them out after a day.

I have used an Elvive conditioning spray to condition my ends and even that felt a bit too sticky. It's a personal preference as my hair is heavy and thick, but for others I can see it maybe a good idea and can save money.