Favorite Nail Polish

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by satsumaac • Apr 17, 2012.

1. satsumaac

satsumaacNew Member

Threads:
    What is your favorite nail polish? I know that Sally's, Sephora and other specialty stores have good brands, but what do you like from your favorite drug store or retailer? I love the Essie colors--so bold and fresh. Essie is long lasting, unlike other cheaper brands.

2. LisaC

LisaCNew Member

Threads:
    I really like the Petites brand, they are found in most drugstores. I like them for myself because I don't polish my nails too often & I love the tiny size bottle they come in, I am very hard on my polish so I hate spending a lot because even though it may be a great brand like OPI I still beat it to death. I was a hairdresser for many years and do like the professional products but since trying out the petites I am now hooked.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I like Revlon. I don't wear nail enamel all the time, but when I do, I have three favourite Revlon shades I use. Revlon is easy to apply evenly, it dries quickly, and it's long lasting. I've managed to keep my nails looking good for more than a week with Revlon nail enamel, and it never wears off, or goes sticky in the bottle, like some cheap brands.

4. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    Mine is from this Geman cosmetic company. It's called S.HE. It's very cheap, the bottles are bigger than the other companies and they have so many colors! I'm now into summer look so I am with sky blue nail polish :)

5. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    OPI is the only nail polish that I buy and use. It is just GREAT. I have tried others but always came back to this so I will be sticking with it. I have tons of these at home and right now I am wearing an old stanby Route Beer Float. It goes with everything.

6. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    OPI is pretty awesome. I haven't used it much, but I really do like it. I keep my nails super short and I don't wear nail polish hardly at all. But, if I ever do, it's usually Hard As Nails. That's probably because that's the type I have on hand. I do like to paint my toenails in the summer, though, since I wear flip flops a lot. I love a nice purplish-reddish-bronze color. Like a burgundy bronze, but I don't know what the color is officially called. Bronze colors work best with my olive skin tone.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have really gotten away from wearing a brand nail polish. Now, I just buy for color. If I like the color and haven't had a bad experience with a particular brand, I buy it. My favorites were Revlon and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails.

8. abrown9@wvup.edu

Threads:
    I agree with Parker. I don't go into a store looking for a specific brand of nail polish. I go into a store looking for a specific color; or any color that catches my eye. Lately, I have been very drawn to bright and bold colors. Some examples would be: neon yellow, green, pink, silver glitter, etc. There is a new trend going around where you paint all nails a bold color except your fourth fingernail on each hand. On the fourth fingernail, you paint it a nice glitter color that matches whatever bold color you picked. I love it!

9. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I used to wear black, purple, green, blue nail polish way before it became "normal"! I stopped wearing polish, but in recent months have gotten back into it. I really want to try the new Magnetic Nail Polishes. aHR0cCUzQSUyRiUyRjEuYnAuYmxvZ3Nwb3QuY29tJTJGLVNzbk15WWxqM2VnJTJGVDRpUGdrOVhMc0klMkZBQUFBQUFBQUNu. They seem so neat and different. I also want to try the new scented nail polishes that they have out now, I think that they are by Revlon.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I would have to say anything from O.P.I or Essie. I have recently turned to these during my pregnancy since they are considered safe to use toxin wise during pregnancy and have found that the colors stay longer and dont chip. I also love how O.P.I comes out with new colors every season that are very playful and easy to mix and match with any outfit. Essie is usually more on the pastel side but great polishes for spring!

11. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I buy tons of nail polish and to this day I have yet to find a favorite. I have tried I think every brand known to mankind and they all are the same. They chip the same or next day. That is why I just don't paint my nails anymore on my hands.

12. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite one is pearl and maybe that's because that's my birthstone and I wear pearls all the time to match. You guessed it, I am a June baby and that is the one for me and the only one and I just love the way it looks on me. I think they make the most beautiful pearl nail polish there is and I will always stick with that one. For your information, it is made by Revlon if you would like to try it. It's called Pure Pearl, just fabulous.

13. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    I have tons of nail polish from Revlon and OPI because I love the colours and they last longer than others that I have used. There's a store called Sasa, they have different brands of nail polish and sometimes I buy them because I can't find the same colours from OPI or Revlon.

14. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    OPI I've recently discovered and love their pastel shades. I also use Sally Hansen diamond strength nail hardener as a base coat before I apply my color.

15. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Right now, I am loving the Sally Hansen Manicure line of polishes. They have the color, top coat and base coat all in one. It honestly doesn't stain my nails if I wear a dark color, and they don't chip as quickly as other polishes. Oh, and it has a nice, wide brush so application is a lot quicker, too.