Favorite Online Retailer For Bedding?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by PunkinPie • Mar 16, 2015.

1. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I have recently finished a bedroom remodel and I am looking for new bedding to complete the room. I usually shop for bedding at discount stores like Ross and TJ Maxx but I am hoping to just do some online shopping this time around. As I have never purchased this type of item online I am looking for some insight.

I checked out Kohls.com as I am a card holder there and I am kind of surprised at how pricey some bed sets can be. Does anyone out there have a secret gem for buying home goods online they would like to share? I would be forever indebted to you. :)

2. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Overstock.com has a wide variety of stuff. You can search by price and so on. It has been a while since I ordered from there, but I know I had a good experience. I spent hours there in the past just browsing. I would think Bed Bath and Beyond would have a selection too.

3. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I've never bought an entire brand new bed set and I'm kind of taken a back a bit. $169 for a comforter on sale seems a little bit steep. Then again I am cheap so maybe its just me! :) I will check out Overstock. Thanks. :)

4. ABC123

ABC123Member

Threads:
    Yes, they are not that cheap. I have also gotten some from a J.C. Catalog a few years ago. They priced well it was a set for like $80.00. Another place I have seen bedding was Lakeside Collectables website. They usually have some pretty looking bed coverings.

5. Tzi Tzi

Tzi TziNew Member

Threads:
    I like to check out Ikea.com. Their sheets usually have a lower thread count, but the price is unbelievable. They often have neat, modern duvet covers and sets that are also affordable. So, you can get a duvet and pillow covers that add some personality to the room. Another place I like to look is the Target web site. I've lucked out by finding sheet sets on clearance. I got an awesome queen sheet set for under $20 that way.

It's a good idea to check online. I've looked for bedding at Ross, and it still seems a bit pricey to me, especially considering that many of the sets aren't attractive or 100% cotton.

Good luck!

6. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    So I never knew I could order from Ikea online! Thanks for the tip. The closest Ikea store is about 5 hours away from me so I've never shopped there but I have always heard great things about them. I don't know why I didn't think of checking them out online.

I will also look at Target. They always seem to have the most on trend and up to date styles. I don't know why I didn't think of them.

My biggest tip that I like to share is to always shop at a store where you know their return policy. It doesn't matter how much money you save if you aren't able to return it if the item is not as expected or doesn't work.

7. Tzi Tzi

Tzi TziNew Member

Threads:
    The tricky bit about Ikea is that not everything they sell in stores is available online. That said, they do offer a sizable selection of their bedding on the web site.

I agree with you about Target being the most on trend and up to date. Ikea is too, in its own way. I like that they both tend to have colorful and patterned options.

Good tip about about the return policy. That's part of the reason I like Target so much. Even if you buy something on clearance, you can still return it.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sears, Overstock and Bed Bath & Beyond are good place to shop for bedding. The prices are good along with a good selection of bedding. Marshalls also has a good selection of bedding.

9. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally like Marshall's but it can be hit and miss. Also Nordstrom Rack is a good place for discounted bedding that is designer and good quality. Ikea is good for basics, but good quality thread count bedding sets can be hard to find at a good price that aren't on sale. I'm thinking of setting up a business to sell them as I bring them over from the UK to the US!

10. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Bedding is so expensive! I have bought some nice sets from Walmart, but the quality just wasn't there. The bedding would fade after a few washes. I liked buying from Amazon and JCP online. It is just so much easier to have it shipped to my house, but I do like being in store and being able to see the actual colors.

11. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    Make sure you read the product description closely if you are going to buy something on Overstock. I know you are looking for bedding, but sometimes the prices are too good to be true. I bought a pair of boots on there once and thought they were leather, when they arrived, they were a leather like material. My mistake for going by the picture and not reading the details closely enough.

12. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I'd have to agree with going with Target, but then again, I think Target shopping is fabulous, so I might be a bit biased. Also try QVC. I love shopping through QVC because they have some of everything, maybe not as cheap at Target, but well worth looking online to see what they are offering.
    I also like a lot of the bedding that I see on TV that HSN sells. The past several times I've seen them selling bedding I've wanted to buy something. Gorgeous, and not all that expensive if I remember correctly.

13. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried buying beds online. It seems to me like you get very wonderful deals out there. I will definitely check out overstock. It seems to be having reasonable prices and is quite useful.