Favorite Peanut Butter Brand

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Dec 22, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I never used to like peanut butter in particular enough to seek it out but recently I've been finding it more and more appealing. It's probably because I've been finding some brands that I enjoy recently although I still not too much that I'd call it my favorite food. Anyway, I found one that has honey in it and I'd say that is my favorite type, although I'd love to have something that has even more sweetness to it but I suppose I could just add my own if I really wanted to. What really surprised me was Reese's peanut butter spread because I initially thought it would be great due to the fact that their candies are pretty good but after tasting it I felt it was bland but I'm guessing it's just more suited for other people, probably.

What's your favorite brand of peanut butter? I'd love to hear of some more obscure ones.

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Definitely Planter's Peanut Butter for me, it's all natural and really creamy. I also feel that it has the strongest peanut flavor amongst most of the peanut butter brands I've tried. If you are a fan of creamy, not chunky peanut butter it's my recommendation!

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter and will take any brand out there. However I usually go for one of the oldest brands, Black Cat. So far I've found it anywhere I've gone. I don't know if it's the best, or if this is just a case of brand loyalty. I've only ever tried one other brand, the name of which I don't remember. It was a cashew nut one, and although it was ok, it didn't come close.

4. Webene

WebeneMember

Threads:
    I don't really have a favorite brand of peanut butter, but I prefer butters that have close to 100% peanuts in them. Also, I prefer the crunchy texture because it makes the spread more interesting in my opinion. A lot of brands add lots of sugar and salt, along with other preservatives which really changes the natural peanut butter taste that I enjoy. Also, these brands with lots of additional ingredients are less healthy. Peanut butter is full of good fats, although it is a caloric dense food, so additional ingredients can decrease the benefit of the spread.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the US I like Smuckers as I like chunky peanut butter and in the UK I like Sun-Pat crunchy. I can taste the difference, though some supermarket generic brands do taste similar so I think they may have the same supplier. Sun-Pat have started to make a no added sugar or salt versions which helps my dad with his diabetes and his sugar levels.

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger, being in a family that was poor, my mother used to buy us Skippy peanut butter which I still like to eat to this day. I've also tried Smucker's and Planter's before and they both taste good, but I don't buy them as much. Honestly, best peanut butter is the one you can get and eat.

7. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a real big fan of the Reese's peanut butter. I never knew it exist until about a year ago, but I just can't get enough of it now. I usually have some with some Nutella; it's pure bliss. I always recommend it when people ask me about peanut butter or what goes good with Nuella.

8. CyberGal

CyberGalMember

Threads:
    I honestly can't say that I notice a real difference between brands. I suppose there is, especially if you use a lot of the stuff but we just don't use a lot of it. I know that I don't like crunchy but otherwise it feels the same to me.

9. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    The peanut butter brand I purchase most often is Kraft. It's the smooth kind and it spreads on whatever surface I put it on nicely and the taste that accompanies it is just as good, if not even better. I use to favor the Skippy brand but I happen to find that I liked this one more.

10. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I love peanuts. I love eating peanut butter. Once, I tried making my own, but my little Magic Bullet blender became clogged. It took a terribly long time to clean. Ever since then, I like the taste of Smucker's Organic Peanut Butter. It used to cost less than $4.00 but not it cost just under $5.00.
    I have eaten the Planter's Peanut Butter. But there is something about the Smucker's that taste a little better.

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't find many imported peanut butter brands that match the taste of Nutella. Of course, it may be unlikely considering that Nutella's main ingredients are hazelnut and chocolate - not peanuts. I like the taste of Goya peanut butter and hazelnut spreads, however. They have almost the same taste as Nutella but just a bit sweeter than usual.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not the biggest peanut butter fan. In fact I rarely buy them. However the last time that I bought it it was an organic brand but I cannot remember but it was better than usual. I'm pretty sure I bought it at Trader Joe's. It might be their own brand, I am not sure.
    However, just like xTinx above me I much prefer Nutella!!!

13. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter and my favorite is JIF. From the 70s to present, the extra crunchy with strawberry spread on whole wheat is my comfort food. Anyone who likes peanut butter varieties should check out the

brand. I like the dark chocolate but don't recommend the maple flavor (it was gritty). They have a store in NY but I get mine at Target stores.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always been in love with peanut butter. Even though I am in my mid twenties, I can actually still remember the very first time that I tasted peanut butter lol. I have no idea what brand it was, to be honest. But as I have gotten older I have begun to buy Whole Foods brand of peanut butter. It is organic, and it is amazing. I have peanut butter with almost everything as far as food combinations go. Sometimes the combinations are a little strange lol. Just recently, Reese's peanut butter has caught the attention of my taste buds. One of the best peanut butters out there, without a doubt.

15. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    I swore by Peter Pan brand peanut butter for years. The smooth kind. It just always tasted so good, maybe a bit sweeter then some. I recently stopped using it because the ingredients have a new item rapeseed. I had to look this up to see what it was and I was concerned. It appears that it is a type of GMO wheat. I stopped using Peter pan and now by the Gold Circle Organic instead. Its not bad, a bit heavier but tastes very good.

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter so much regardless of the brand. My friend used to sell home made peanut butter made by her Mom. I love it because it is natural and does not contain any preservatives or additional ingredients. I haven't really tasted a lot of brands, the last one was Nutella and it really tasted so good. My love for peanut butter has been under control because of some medical reasons. I rarely eat it now, the most is every 2 to 3 months.

17. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I keep trying out new peanut butter, because they almost have the same taste, but if I had to pick up one right away, I'd go for the Trader Joe's. It's healthier compared to other peanut butter that I have been used to buy in the past. And it's also the one which I have stayed the long time and the one that I keep on coming back, though speaking of its taste, there's not really that so special. Just ordinary.

18. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I have never liked peanut butter until I've tasted Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. That's when I started keeping an open mind (or rather, open taste buds) to other food tastes that I usually do not eat, especially with peanut butter. Reese has got my top vote on this one. The second one goes to the different Peanut Butter variations of Trader Joe's. They are organic and tasty: food qualities I would consider when it comes to this topic.

19. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Maranatha is definitely my favorite, but I can't afford it. Adams is the one I normally buy. After switching to Adams as soon as I had the opportunity to buy my own peanut butter, I simply can't stand the other brands like Jif or Skippies. I would rather not eat it than eat those now because the added ingredients just ruin both flavor and texture for me.

20. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    I am a Reeses peanut butter fan all of the way -- unfortunately they don't make a crunchy version so if i want that i will switch to Peter Pan.