Favorite Place To Shop For Your Kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Carnold23 • Oct 20, 2015.

1. Carnold23

Carnold23New Member

Threads:
    Buying my kids clothes is one of my favorite things. I usually buy their clothes online because of the good deals I can get.
    My favorite places to shop for them are Carters/Oshkosh and the Children's Place. The Children's place can get expensive but sometimes they have a good sale going on and then by combining that with a coupon code you can bring the price way down.
    What does everyone like to buy for their kids?

2. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to a store in my town called Once Upon A Child. They have gently used clothes, toys, and accessories like rockers, shoes, and boppy billows, things like that. They are incredibly cheap and usually have pretty cute clothes. They have deals going on all the time too. 10 onesies for 1 dollar each for example. But I think more than that place I love shopping at Wal-Mart. They're always updated with every season, and they have such adorable clothes every time I go there. The only thing is that their prices are kind of high. Every now and then I'll buy in bulk, but if I find something I love I'll go ahead and get it. But Wal-Mart is my number 1 place to shop for kids clothes.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I just get everything online since most of the kids clothes in my family are just sent to us from abroad in bulk, so we almost never have to buy clothes or shoes anymore besides a few small purchases here and there. As for other things like toys , I also just buy them online but for those I prefer buying from an actual shop because I like browsing there myself and I want the kids to have the experience of being in one because it's a lot different than just clicking buttons online.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like to shop at Kmart after the summer. They have so many kids clothes on clearance. You can get a whole outfit under $10 there. I have scoured the racks and it is amazing when you use your Shop Your Way points. You can get great coupons from Kmart online too!

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like to buy my kids' clothes at Old Navy or Children's Place. I only buy when there are good sales. The best sale is on Boxing Day at Children's Place, everything in the store is 40% off. I buy all the next size clothing for my boys and store it in bins, once the boys outgrow their current clothes I have all the next sizes for them for pants, jeans, sweatshirt and shirts. I like Costco for the Pekkle pajamas. Old Navy has great sales too but the sizes online can be limited so you have to shop quickly. Once you add the promo code you can get jeans for under $10 for kids.

6. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping at mom-2-mom sales, garage sales, and thrift stores for baby clothes. Most of the items I purchase have barely been worn, because babies grow out of their clothing so fast! I always look for high quality clothing, from brands such as Baby Gap, Carter's, Tommy Hilfiger, Osh Kosh B'gosh, Children's Place, and others. I have easily saved hundreds of dollars on baby clothes purchasing them second hand.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have here a classy store called Bench where the kids would point whenever they would smell of shopping for clothes and other wear. It's a good thing that my Citibank visa card has a promo where I get bonus points for coupons to that store. So I can sometimes shop for free. Imagine the clothes and accessories that I could purchase using those coupons, it's like having a Christmas bonus.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I have revealed in my previous posts in this section of the forum before, I don't have any children that I have given birth to myself. But I had a very large hand in raising my three younger siblings, and I continue to have a hand in raising them, which includes shopping for them and getting toys and such. As far as toys, the main place that we go is Smyths. They have everything that you can think of, although they can be a bit expensive.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids, but when I get invited to children's parties I just shop at Toy Kingdom, they have a large selection of toys, both expensive and affordable over there.

10. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    For clothing for my son, we have several brands or stores we love:

1. Cotton On Kids. Incredibly soft fabric and laid back designs.
    2. SM Babies Clothes. This is a department store brand here and believe it or not, they carry a wide array of clothes. And they're not cheap quality either.
    3. Gingersnaps. Very cute designs and the clothing there is very breathable.

For toys:

1. Toys R Us.
    2. Toy Kingdom.

For books:

1. Booksale. Lots of secondhand but good quality books.
    2. National Bookstore.
    3. Powerbooks.

That's it!

11. clauemi

clauemiActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm trying to stay on a budget, I will usually just hit the clearance section at Walmart or Target. If I've got a little extra spending money I like The Children's Place as well, Khols, Old Navy and Ross. Even when I've got extra money, I still use coupons and clearance. I just can't see myself spending full price or even half price for kids clothes. If we are talking about toys, thrift stores are my favorite. It's just a way cheaper alternative than going to the store and paying full price.

12. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    We have a new place here in town called Fat Brain Toys and they have a magnificent collection of toys that really work to stimulate a kid's mind. The kids love it too, which is of course the best part. In the age of video games and zombies everywhere and all the things that you wish you could avoid, it is nice to see a refreshing return to the basics. The kids can learn and be entertained, which is a win win for me.

13. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any children of my own, but with all of the babysitting that I do for my younger siblings, they might as well be my biological children. I take them shopping, and the place that I like to take them shopping i Smyths, because the prices are a lot better than that of retailer stores like Toys R Us, and other popular retailers that sell children's toys.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I also like to buy clothes online, because I feel that there are a number of good deals to be had if you are able to shop around a little bit. I also think that you should consider shopping in second hand shops, because you can get some wonderful bargains here, and it really doesn't matter that the clothes have been worn once before, as they are still a high enough quality to be sold. Buying brand new clothes really doesn't make sense most of the time, so you should make the most of the bargains that are available out there for you.