Favorite Potato Chips Brand & Flavor

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • May 18, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love potato chips, their my favorite thing to snack on, especially when watching movies. My favorite has always been Lay's since they are the masters of potato chip production, and my most preferred flavor currently is sour cream and cheddar, but occasionally I also enjoy Pringles. What are your favorite brands of potato chips, and what flavor do you like? Are there any good new flavors you discovered recently?

2. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    My favourite westernised flavour would probably be the Jalapeño and Cheddar by Old Dutch.

As for foreign flavours, it would have to go to the Japanese based ones. They have all types of flavours, ranging from soups to meals!

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love Pringles paprika flavour, but Aldi and Lidl own brands are also good. I enjoy Lays regular flavour potato chips as well, but Lidl's own brand - Triska - compares very favourably, and it's around half the price. I'm not a brand snob when it comes to snacks - as long as the flavour is good and the price is right, I'll experiment.

4. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    If I'm eating chips with no dip, I usually enjoy Pringles, cheddar flavor. If I am using dip, I'll usually go for Lay's barbecue or Ruffles cheddar and sour cream. I used to only eat dip with plain chips, but after someone had barbecue flavored chips and dip at a party, I got hooked.

5. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on this one. I'm a huge fan of potato chips, and it's probably the one snack or food I spend the most money on. It's just my go-to food.

I like many different kinds of flavors, it just depends on what mood I'm in. If it's typical mood, I would literally just eat anything. If I want taste, I really like Salt and Vinegar (even though you may not like it, I do!) and sour cream and onion. If I want sweet, I'll go for doritos sweet and spicy. I'll have to say my favorite brand is Lays.
    When I say I'm a big fan of chips, I really am.

6. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I'm actually not a huge fan of chips but I do like baked or kettle chips a lot. I don't really eat any other kind unless I really crave it which is rare. It hurts my stomach too much for me to eat a lot of it anyways.

7. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I like Pringles the best whenever I buy chips, which is rare these days. I think it's a better product with more honest packaging that doesn't insult my intelligence nor my wallet.

Today's chips are just way overpriced. They're freaking potato chips! And, most bags are only half-filled, some even less. So, overpriced and under-filled bags just makes it a very easy choice to stay away from most chips.

I usually make my own from thin sliced potatoes, baked in my little convection oven.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also love Lays and Pringles, but since they're imported, they're much expensive than our local brand of potato chips. So I end up just usually buying our local brand.

9. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    This is a touch one! How does one pick a favorite potato chip among all the possibilities. I guess for brad I will go with Kettle and for flavor Mesquite Barbecue. It's so sweet and tangy. I also love chips that have been fried using peanut oil. It gives the chips a wonderful flavor and crunch that most chips lack.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As far as national brands go, I am pretty partial to Sun Chips. I actually like the taste of them, and I don't feel so bad afterwards for eating them since they are a little healthier than your standard potato chips. I've also kind of gotten hooked on the Tostitos thin tortilla chips. They're really light and don't weigh you down. We also have some local chip manufacturers that fry them up in small batches and sell them at our local specialty grocery stores, which is nice because you know they haven't been sitting in a warehouse or on the shelves for months.

11. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, love them.. or lovED them anyway, I don't chips anymore. And it was always regular, I was a boring chip eater lol.

12. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Picked Onion flavoured Monster Munch is my favourite choice of potato chip (crisp), I used to eat them all the time when I was a child. I gave one to my name once who put it in her mouth and then immediately took it out and tried to put it back in my packet! :D

Sadly I don't see them around much anymore. :(

13. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    For me, I LOVE Utz plain potato chips and I love Lays Salt and Vinegar chips. Where I live though, you can't get Utz, so I end up with Lays most of the time.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I also love Pringles. Especially the sour cream flavor. It's so mouth watering. Once I start eating, I can't stop until I have finished it all. I eat Pringles when I'm using my laptop, when I'm at the movie theater or just having a short break. I also like Piatos (a local brand of potato chips).

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite potato chip brand would have to be Pringles and the flavor I love is sour cream and onion.
    I just love the taste of sour cream and onion. It's almost spiced and sweet and the perfect combination of these two favors.
    Pringles is also my favorite company purely because of the packaging and perfect shape of the chips.

16. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid potato chips because they are always cooked in seed oils like sunflower oil and vegetable oil etc and vegetable oils are one of the worst 'foods' you can consume.

I would love to find potato chips which are cooked in animal fat like tallow or lard but there are none. I nice niche in the market there...