Favorite RPG video game?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jennyflower81 • Mar 6, 2014.

1. Jennyflower81

Jennyflower81New Member

Threads:
    I am a child of the 80's and I grew up playing video games. In college, I especially enjoyed games of the role-playing genre. I loved the Final Fantasy series, and spent many hours playing Suikoden, Legend of Dragoon, and Skies of Arcadia. I also loved Grandia (all of them), Chrono Cross, and Chrono Trigger.

What were some of your favorite RPG's? Do you still play them? What is/was your favorite console?

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hmm you mentioned a lot of my favorite TOGs on your post. Seems like we have the same taste when it comes to RPGs. But you failed to mention one RPG that I love the most - Xenogears. I think that it's the best RPG ever made. It's also made by Square. You should check it out if you haven't played it yet.

3. CSomm

CSommMember

Threads:
    For all time, the Square produced from the 90's and early 00's will be some of my favorites, but honestly my favorite RPG is Paper Mario. It's a hilarious game, well crafted, and has tremendous replay value still to this day. They produced a few sequels, so it's hard to be bored with it!

4. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I have a few that I really like and memorable for me like Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 10, Chrono Trigger, Suikoden, and Elder Scrolls. Out of all these, I'd say that my favorite is Chrono Trigger. I love its concept of time travelling. The story was good and the gameplay was awesome even though it wasn't graphically advanced.

5. Mercvry

MercvryBanned

Threads:
    Fallout. Hands down. Not saying it's the best but it's my personal favorite.

6. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    The legend of Zelda was my favorite. I also liked duck hunt. It has amazed me how far video games have come today. Especially the graphics. they are amazing. Sometimes you can hardly tell that they are not real. It makes the experience that much better.

7. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe Morrowind is my favorite. Something is very captivating about its world. I don't play RPGs very much because I don't like doing quests and leveling up so I like RPGs that let you explore unique and beautiful places. Elder Scrolls games in general have a special charm to them.

8. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait. Duck Hunt?

Isn't this the light gun game for the NES? The game where you got a plastic gun in your hand and you go bang bang on the screen to shoot them ducks?

Duck hunt is not an RPG bro. It's a shooting game. You're right on track with Legend of Zelda though...