Favorite Summer Shoes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Jun 20, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I know that for me I don't like wearing the normal thong flip flops. I love my Birkenstock that I have. They are so much more comfy. I feel like the flip flops that are made now are so flimsy and they don't really have much material on the bottom that they aren't that comfortable. I would rather just wear the other shoes that I have. If I'm not wearing those, then I love wearing sneakers. So, what is your favorite type of shoe to wear in the summer?

2. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I like to wear flip flops because they are lightweight and easy to slip on and off. Sometimes, when I don't want to deal with the flipping and the flopping, I'll throw on a pair of old Sperry docksiders. I've had them for years but they still look great, only they are well worn in, so my feet just slide into them.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Over the years I’ve figured out I’m not a huge fan of open shoes. I don’t really care to have too much of my feet exposed. Ballet flats are my go-to shoes in general since I live in a warm climate. I totally have a tan line across my feet, haha. I recently bought a pair of pewter d’Orsay flats, and they’re my current favorites since they feel more summery than the others and the color goes with everything.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I cannot abide any type of flip flop with a toe post. They are so uncomfortable and annoying. I just stick to sandals with straps around the back or ballet flats.

5. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to wear sandals with an earthy, comfortable sole. I do not wear flip flops because they hurt between the toes and give no support. I also like the style sandal that has the strap up on the ankle.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to wear sandals with a little heel to them. Flat shoes are not my favorite type of shoe when I plan to do a lot of walking, a shoe with a thicker sole and heel helps me to enjoy my walk more. Dress shoes are usually a pair of dressy sandals also.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing flip flops and slippers during summer. I agree, they are more comfortable than closed shoes like sneakers, rubber shoes and stilletos.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to wear flat shoes, but I cannot wear flip flops because a) I don't like anything with a toe post, and b) I can't drive in them. So I will always take a trip to Primark at the beginning of a summer season and get hold of a few cheap pairs of coloured flat shoes, so that I know I have something to wear for any occasion that I might need them for. I think buying cheap shoes saves money in the long term, because I wouldn't want to reuse my shoes year on year anyway to be honest.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ooh I absolutely love my Birks. So comfy. I also love my flip flops, but you're right, not much too them anymore in the way of comfort for the soles. If I'm dressy, I'm wearing wedge sandals or strappies. Otherwise, I'm a Converse kinda girl ;)

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I personally like to invest in nice expensive sandals as they will last me for a few summers. I purchased a couple pairs of leather sandals about 6 years ago and they are just now starting to show wear. Comfort is most important to me when I buy shoes and spending the extra money for good shoes is worth it. Normal flip flops hurt my feet and wear out too quickly.

11. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you. I would rather spend more money on shoes so that I know they will last. There are so many sandals that are cheap, but how long do they actually hold up? Not very long, and to me that just doesn't seem like a smart purchase. Comfort is a must when I'm buying shoes. Which is why I also don't mind spending the money so that I know I get good shoes.