Favorite Syrup?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • Mar 1, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a child I loved Aunt Jemima and Log Cabin brand syrups. I think it was mostly the bottles that made me like them best, but I'm not sure. Maybe they really did taste as great as I remember.
    Anyway, as my budget directed, over the years I tended towards buying off and store brands. Sometimes liking them and sometimes not. Then, a couple of years ago I started just making my own at home. I like doing that pretty well, as I can make different kinds of fruit syrups (or berry) and my own version of maple flavored syrup.
    It works for me.:)

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I go for 100% maple syrup, it really tastes different from maple flavored syrup, and is worth every penny despite being more expensive.

What's more the maple flavored syrup is just flavored corn syrup, which isn't particularly healthy.

3. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I am Canadian and our country is known for its pure maple syrup, so that is what I use. I don't care for the flavored syrups like Aunt Jemima at all. Pure maple syrup is quite pricey but its not something I eat all the time, plus its well worth the cost. If you ever try it, you will never go back to the other.

4. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that the real thing would be better than the maple flavoring, but the flavoring is all I've found so far.
    Maybe I could find the real thing on Amazon?
    I'll bet I could,now that I've thought of it.

And, Squigly, no corn syrup--that's one really good thing about making your own:)