Favorite Takeaway

Discussion in Food & Drink started by lizzief79 • Sep 11, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, my favorite takeaway is Indian food. I absolutely love spices. I usually order a chicken madras. I have actually had this for my tea tonight after months of abstaining to save money. What are your favorite takeaways and why?

2. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    All curries from my local curry house :). I love curries! I love mainly Indian Curries but from time to time a Chinese curry is also nice! I can't stand burgers and I am not a huge fan of pizza's.

3. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like ordering chinese take out or sushi because they're foods I don't cook or make at home often. I haven't quite mastered the trick to all of the spices and sauces. I try not to order out too much to save money and watch what I'm eating but every now and then a lazy sunday ordering in is fun to enjoy.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Chinese! Even if I'm all for cooking at home finding ingredients for Chinese food is all kinds of hard since most stores don't sell them (no interest from the shoppers). I'd say that once per week my partner and I order chinese to get our fill. Now for the sad part, most of the fast-food/restaurants that specialized in chinese food closed down since they lacked popularity - soon I'll have to look at pictures of chinese food on the internet and drool :p

#4Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  5. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    Chinese! Though my favorite food is Japanese, Chinese is still the best for takeout! :D

6. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    For hot food, I think that I my favorite would be curries or Chinese dishes that are slightly spicy. I find that they are always appetising and quite easy to eat, due to the strong and rich flavours. For cold foods, I like Sushi a lot and shame there isn't a sushi placce where I live that I can get the sashimi from.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thai is my favorite as you get crackers and spring rolls too with them for free when you take out. A Pad Thai or Pad Sey U is great for take out as I don't have all the spices to make it. Other than that, pizza is always good when you get bread sticks and garlic bread on the side with dips, especially when they do a buy one get one free.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely adore Indian food as well! However, where I live it's very hard to find Indian food, so I stick to Mexican or a sandwich. I like going to Subway for takeout because their sandwiches are fresh and so cheap! I also love places like Chipottle and Taco Bell...

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just go for Chinese food because it's my favorite and it's also very easy to store and reheat on case I don't finish everything. Also, Chinese restaurants are usually very quick in preparing these dishes, so I like that I don't have to wait that long to get my order and go home because most of the time that I do this I'm usually very hungry or tired or even lazy so I often can't wait to get home and relax.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually don't mind getting Chinese takeout when I am on a budget, especially if I am picking it up myself and saving on the tip. The main reason is, one of their "dinners" is like enough for three big meals, so it's about what I would pay anyways for a home cooked meal. Plus, some of their cheaper items really stretch out well. One of our local Chinese joints sells these BBQ pork strips as an appetizer, they're coated in this bright red glaze. It looks like a small container, but when you dump it out onto a plate, there is a ton of pork, way more than I can eat in one sitting. So I will often get that along with a small container of fried rice (usually shrimp or house), and between those two, I have three big meals worth of food.

With pizza, fortunately we've got a lot of local mom & pop pizza places that will sell their pizza's for $5 on certain days of the week. It would cost me more than that to buy the ingredients to make them myself. Also, that's cheaper than many frozen pizzas. Plus one pizza is enough for at least two full meals for me.

DiBella's subs is another favorite, because their large subs - which are about $7 or so - are *huge*. There is practically 3-4 days worth of lunch out of one of them. It would cost me that much, if not more, to buy the equivalent amount of lunch meat that they put on them too - and they put a lot.