Favorite Thrift Store

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by LitoLawless • Dec 11, 2014.

1. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    Thrift stores have gained an enormous amount of popularity over the past couple of years. When I go thrifting in New York, I have a certain pattern that I follow. It's kind of like a bar crawl, except I'm shopping.

Out of all the shops I go to, I would have to say my favorite is this thrift shop called Crossroads in Brooklyn. I always find something that I want there and I never spend much money at all. All the items seem to be from $10-$70 dollars, and they are mostly name brand stuff. I always recommend it whenever anyone asks me about good thrift shops in NYC.

2. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    I've never heard of that one but then again I'm from Canada, we have one here that's pretty good, It goes by the name of Talize, I think that's the right spelling, I usually go there to get jeans the price is really good and sometimes you can get a brand-new clothing there.

3. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    There are other Crossroads in the USA too, and I did used to like the one I'd go to when I lived in Evanston, IL.

Currently, I mostly just go to the salvation army. Their prices are rock bottom and it is definitely possible to find some very nice clothes there if you are willing to spend the time looking and picking through.

4. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    When I lived in Detroit, I used to go to a thrift store called Value Village. They always had great deals there, and I hardly ever came out empty handed. Now that I'm back in California (been here for awhile actually) not so much. Of course, there's plenty of Salvation Armies, and Goodwills, but they don't always have the best bargains. There is a chain though, called Out of the Closet that has a $1 rack. The rest of their stuff tends to be a little pricey though.