Favourite Alcoholic Beverage?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by sarz • Mar 6, 2014.

1. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    Before I moved away and my drinking partner got pregnant most weekend we would have a tipple or two.
    I only real drink spirits or liquers with the exception of Koppaberg, strawberry and lime and Desperados.
    I mainly like Brandies such as Courvosier, Martells and Remy Martin.
    I also like JagerMeister and my favourite cocktail is Long Island Iced Tea.

For my own good I stay away from vodka, gin and anything cheap.

What tipples are tasiest to you?

2. crimsonghost747

crimsonghost747Active Member

Threads:
    I really can't say that I have a favourite. I drink beer/wine/stronger stuff but often with beers I go for something local, with wines I go with something that I haven't had before and stronger really depends on what my friends are having.

I do have been known to drink a lot of vodka though, but rarely on it's own. (unless it's something awesome like Finlandia, especially the flavoured ones are delicious!) I like how I can mix it with pretty much anything and it works!

3. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I have a favorite alcoholic beverage, though I do like a lot of gin in the summertime. Vodka is my go-to if I don't know what to drink. I love the whipped cream flavored vodka. I thought I'd be over it after college, but it is surprisingly delicious with so many mixers. I am a huge cheap wine drinker, and for beer - anything dark, like a porter or stout. There is this delicious Bell's Chocolate Stout that I like a lot.

4. erikao1o

erikao1oMember

Threads:
    My favourite alcoholic drink overall is probably wine. I find that wine makes me a happy drunk and tastes great with everything and anything that I'm eating. Wine is also very portable, and tastes great! My favourite mixed drink is a whiskey sour, it's the perfect amount of sweet and bitter. I also like the fact that it's not a super girly drink, men order it too!

5. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    I'm 21 and haven't really drank yet. Alcohol tastes bad to me. Granted I've only had sips of a few different kinds of alcoholic beverages, but I'm just not interested in alcohol.

Although, when I was younger (like under 10 years old) my parents would drink wine coolers during the summer months and I'd drink a tiny bit of my parents wine coolers. I remember it wasn't bad and was sweet. Strawberry flavored was my favorite.

6. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm mainly a rum drinker and I usually have it with cola. Some of my favorite brands are Mount Gay Rum (especially the extra old stuff), Brugal (same thing, love their "Extra Viejo"), and 10 Cane (sweet, buttery flavor). Though I am perfectly fine with the old standby, Bacardi - it's a great neutral rum. When I was in my twenties I used to drink Captain Morgan's religiously, but these days I can't even touch the stuff because it is way too sweet and artificial tasting.

As for Vodka, if I do buy it anymore I stick with Sobieski - awesome vodka, especially for its price. Premium Vodkas are a big racket anyhow, many of the more expensive ones really aren't any better than the mid range and bottom shelf ones.

I'm surprised at the glut of flavored Vodka's on the market right now. I've heard some complaints that the liquor companies are doing this to market more to a younger demographic.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer Vodka to most other spirits, but I also enjoy a good rum or brandy. That said my favorite drink would be a "Blue Motherf**ker" with a "Liquid Marijuana" coming in at a fairly close second. Also not a big fan of beers, but I do appreciate a bit of stout here and there. It's like bread in a cup...

8. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Cranberry vodka. 1 part cranberry juice, 1 part vodka, slice of lime, and ice. easy on the stomach and taste buds. And if not that, I go for some Jamaican Rum like Appleton and mix it with Cranberry Juice or Pepsi

9. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I cant say that I have a favorite, But I'm not a drinkers so when I do drink I try to drink mix drinks or Arbon Mist Wines. I like those cause they are mellow to me and I can enjoy this beverage without getting intoxicated badly. I like red wines when I'm just cooking.