Favourite quotes

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jrh2 • May 21, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    What is your favourite quote from a movie or television show?

My favourite quote is from A Cinderella Story, "Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game." As I think it is a great message. What would yours be?

2. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite quote is from Harry Potter funnily enough but I think it's one that conveys an important message, a very character-building quote.

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends." - Dumbledore in Harry Potter

It's a quote that you might dismiss but if you think about it it's about standing up for yourself, regardless who you are standing up against.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite quote is from this book i read called CHOKE by Chuck Palahniuk. The quote seemed so egotistical but i kinda like it. It's kind of twisted in a way but i'm drawn to it.

“What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction.”

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite quote is from a T.V. show that was called Northern Exposure. It was based out of Alaska. At one point, a character on the show who was a radio disc jockey tells one of the younger characters, 'Sometimes you just gotta be bad to know you're alive!'

Its my opener for when I'm going for that third brownie...

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite quote is from a Chinese movie titled, "The Forbidden Kingdom." I don't know if many of you have seen but if you haven't you should watch it some day. There's lots of kung fu though . . .

Here's the quote:
    "Learn the way, then find your own way."

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, this is going to be a problem because I have too many favorite movie quotes it's sometimes difficult to choose a single one. Here are a few:

- "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." ~ The Godfather
    - "I would rather die a thousand deaths than see my mother's dress on that spoiled, selfish cow!" ~ Ever After
    - "Never turn your back on family, even when they hurt you. Never let life get the better of you. And if you remember nothing else, remember to find time to eat together as a family. Even when times are rough; especially when times are rough. There's no lack of painful things in this world, but hunger and loneliness must surely be two of the worst." ~ Summer Wars
    - "You have to do the best with what God gave you." ~ Forrest Gump

7. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My list of movies quotes I like:

"We all go a little mad sometimes." Norman Bates from the 1960 movie "Psycho."

"Take your stinkin' paws off me, you damn dirty ape." Taylor from the 1968 "Planet of the Apes."

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the armies of the North, General of the Felix legions, loyal servant to the true Emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Maximus from 2000 "Gladiator" movie.

"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age." Wooderson from the 1993 movie "Daze and Confused."

"Say hello to my lil friend!" Tony Montana from the 1983 movie "Scarface."

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning...Smells like victory." Kilgore from the 1979 movie "Apocalypse Now."

And a funny one I've always liked,"Get to the choppah!" Major Alan “Dutch” Schaefer iin the 1987 movie "Predator."

8. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    One of my favorite quotes is from the book entitled, "Norwegian Wood". It was written by a Japanese author, Haruki Murakami, in 1987. It is a novel about loss and flourishing sexuality. The quote is “If you're in pitch blackness, all you can do is sit tight until your eyes get used to the dark.”

This always moves me to think that there will always be light at the end of this darkness. If in any case you don't find one, things will still work out for you as you adjust to this new way of seeing things, even in a situation where one seems to be surrounded only by gloom.