Female Pants

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by blues • Feb 14, 2015.

1. blues

bluesMember

Threads:
    P.S. This is kind of a rant.

Clothes are typically designed for a one gender or another, to better fit the usual proportions/type. Pants are no different. But have you seen the pockets of female pants?! There basically is none! I can't fit anything into my pockets unless I'm wearing unisex pants. It seems almost all of my pants have no pockets or ones that won't fit anything. It can hold a few coins/bills at most, but try to put your phone or keys in your pocket? In your dreams. There's even some pants where the pockets are stitched on: it looks like you have pockets but you actually don't. I feel like I'm getting irrationally upset over this but why is this a thing? Not all females have/want purses to carry their junk around :(

2. kate23

kate23Active Member

Threads:
    That really annoys me too! I love pockets and so many pockets are just useless on pants for females. I remember even when I was a little kid this annoyed me and I'd envy boy's pants for their nice pockets, lol.

Some are so shallow I don't even feel safe putting money in in case it falls out, and some are narrow and tight so I wouldn't want to put my cell phone in them because it might put pressure on the screen and mess my cell phone up.

However, I have noticed that capris and camo cargo pants often have nice pockets, if this helps any. :)

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I've noticed it too. It's highly annoying. I don't usually need the pockets to put anything in them. Sometimes I'll go to put my hands in my pockets and find there's none. Those ones designed for decoration purposes ONLY are the worst ones because there's not even the most shallow of holes you could pass for a pocket!!

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Uuugh, woman's pants never have pockets of a normal nor decent size. I have one pair of jeans, that I think I can either put my phone in, or my keys. And that's it. I recently got a dress, and when I found out it had pockets (good pockets!) , I flipped out in joy. It's great, cause I'm like "MY DRESS HAS POCKETS" and every girl goes from "Oh that's nice" to "OH MY GOD?! IT HAS POCKETS?! SHOW ME!" which is the greatest thing. :D

Also, woman's clothing sizes are done with voodoo, I swear.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also have noticed that most pants for women have no pockets, and if ever there was, it's quite shallow or just stitched on there as a design, and you can only fit a folded paper bill in it. That's why I prefer loose capri's, because they mostly have deep pockets, while the fitted and stretchable capri's usually don't have any.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It really does annoy me too. Particularly with jeans. I think manufacturers just assume that all women carry a handbag so therefore don't need pockets. I think they are great for having things close at hand though.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate pants without pockets! I understand what you mean... also men pants are so much more comfortable, whereas if a lady wears comfortable pants/jeans people go around saying they are badly dressed and are slacking.