Fifty Shades of Grey Trailer

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by May102014 • Jul 30, 2014.

1. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Some people were disappointed in the Fifty Shades of Grey trailer. Do you think movies base on books are less appealing once the story is shown on the big screen? I don't ever expect the books to follow the movies 100%. I think many people are more interested in a movie based on a book than in the book itself - especially if they never read the book. Nevertheless, I don't understand why some people expect films in Hollywood to follow the book thoroughly from beginning to end. What are your thoughts?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem with books being made into movies is that with a book, your imagination can make the characters look like your ideal people. With movies, the actors are sometimes not who you imagined when you were reading the book. I don't read Twilight books, but I think Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are ugly, so if I read the books and then saw the movies, I would be disappointed with how the actors looked.

I think everyone imagined someone super hot in the Fifty Shades roles, and the cast they chose is pretty average looking.

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I actually quite liked the trailer and I hope the movie is gonna be good too. I usually have a problem with books being made into movies, but I don't think Fifty Shades of Grey is going to be that bad. It looks promising.

4. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen the trailer and honestly, i thought its pretty decent. When i first learned which actors are going to play the parts, i had my doubts about them. But after seeing the trailer, i think they're perfect for their roles. I'm not a huge fan of the book, in fact i haven't read the whole thing but it doesn't stop me from being so curious of how the movie would turn out. Personally, I've read books that were adapted into movies and most of the time, the book is way much better. I think its because we get a very detailed information from reading the book and we have our imagination at our disposal too. We create our own perfect version of what we're reading, we put a perfect handsome face, a perfect scene, a perfect dress and what not. But it's completely different in the movies, the characters, the scenes they are all limited so that's why more often than not we are disappointed of how the movie turned out. We feel like it didn't do justice to the book. ;(

#4Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I read the books and they were okay. I hope the movie can improve upon them. I liked the trailer, but the actor who is playing Christian is not the type I imagined at all. I still think it should have been Matt Bomer. Oh well. Nothing that can be done about it now except wait for the movie and see how it is.

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I am very disappointed that it wasn't Henry Cavill who would be star in the movie. I've not read the book yet but the hype last year seemed promising. I guess I'll have to pass on this movie. I'll be watching Batman vs Superman with hubby instead where I can watch my crush. ;)

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally love steamy romance books, but is couldn't stand this one... It was so cliche! I couldn't get passed the middle of the first book. With that being said, I'm 100% sure I will watch the movie! It caused way too much fuss and talk for me not to want to go watch it and take conclusions for myself! I don't know if I liked the trailer, it was catchy, but weird.