Fight At Walmart Between Employees

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by TheViper • Nov 4, 2014.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    This incident is still shocking to me not because of the fight but because of how it started. We went to our local Walmart to pick up a few things and to see if they any replacement charge cables. They had some crazy cheap chinese looking chargers for $3. I decided to purchase those in order to hold me over until I purchase from Amazon.

I proceeded to get in line and the next thing I hear is someone yelling. We look over and see one of the employees pointing at an item one of the cashiers was bagging. The one employee pointing literally yelled out "That's not how you bag that stuff!". Then proceeded to take the items out of the bag and bag them again. The cashier then pushed the other employee out of the way. Next thing I know bags are flying and choice words are ringing through the air. It took the security guards ten minutes to separate the two of them.

We left and didn't even bother sticking around much longer after that. Went back to the same Walmart just yesterday and saw the same two employees still working there.

2. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I swear, Wal Mart has some seriously bad mojo. It seems like people are instantly in a bad mood once they walk in there. I guess it's no surprise though, considering their employees get paid crap and it all goes back into Walmart anyway. Still. The pepper spraying, the employee getting trampled to death. It's all just nuts. If I can avoid it I do. Walmart is horrible!

3. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    I have never been to a Walmart, I don't believe there is one in New York, several Costcos though. Even if there were one, I would never spend my money there, they don't pay their employees enough, plus they actually hire people to guide their employees through the food stamp and welfare process. How perverse is that? If you were paying your employees a fair wage, there would be no need for them to have to collect food stamps, no person who works full-time in America should have to apply for food-stamps. The whole system is a$$ backwards!

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The whole system is ass backwards. I agree 100%. What is scary is how everybody just goes along with it because the 'higher-ups' say so. It is a very scary concept to know that people will just follow along with anything, given that they are decreed by law to do so, or whatever. Also, the whole thing of people being better off not working than working? Why is that even a thing? If you work, spending the precious hours of your life doing a job, than you should be paid well enough to say that you are doing better off than those who are on benefits at least. Not the case though.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    It took a security guard to separate these people, yet they are still working there? Unbelievable. What a nightmare for the people standing in line, although some folks might have found it entertaining. Seems to me like someone should have been fired.
    Unfortunately many of us have witnessed or experienced first hand how not every one is cut out to be in customer service.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never seen Walmart employees fight but I still think that the price matching thing is messed up because it causes insane delays for everyone else in line.
    Once there was this girl who price matched every single item in her full cart, with a line of 20 people behind her. The process took so long that she sent her friends to bring her some cheeseburgers from the McDonald's inside Walmart. She stood there, holding up the line and eating cheeseburgers.
    I guess she was pleased with her final grocery total because she said "Awww yeah, that's what I'm talking about." and did a brief booty dance before wheeling her cart away.

What a ridiculous ordeal. I wondered if I was trapped in a Key & Peele comedy sketch.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    How did they not get fired??? At least one of them clearly should have been. The person who started that was definitely, totally out of line. Since I wasn't there and don't know what was going on with the other person, there is some chance they would not need to be fired if they were being bullied by this person and finally snapped. But still, I would not keep someone who starts fights and would definitely have a serious chat with someone who responded by fighting back rather than remaining calm and walking away from the situation if needed to prevent a fight.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing that since the fight started with one worker trying to correct the other worker's bagging technique, he probably said "I was trying to be a good employee and correct his lousy bagging form for the good of the customer." and that probably saved their jobs.

They weren't fighting over a woman, they were fighting over doing the work correctly, so maybe that got them off the hook somehow.

9. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    If people weren't so anesthetized with food, television and prescription drugs, they might be able to see how royally they are being fisted on a daily basis, but these things are in place precisely so they don't, there are many who are awake, but not enough for a comprehensive revolt, but "the fit will hit the shan" eventually.;)

10. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen WalMart employees fighting before. I would have probably been glued to it if I saw it. :) With that said, I'm surprised that they are still working there after the fight. You would think they would be more professional than to fight in front of the customers. Some disciplinary action should have happened to the workers because they endangered people's lives when they fought.

11. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    I've never seen employees of Walmart fight but...

I have seen customers shouting at each other and cussing across the store at each other, but never the employees. That's crazy.. It's sad that people can't keep their composure long enough to just get the job done. I bet the customer that was getting their things bagged won't be going back to this Walmart again. That's ridiculous. I can't believe they kept the employees that did this, but that doesn't surprise me.

12. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was just reading another post about fighting in stores, and people were saying that security guards say that they are not allowed to step in when two customers begin to fight. But obviously they don't feel the same way when it is two of their own who happen to fall into a fight.

Never been to a Walmart, because I don't live in the US. But some of the supermarkets over here in the UK have that price matching thing, and even though they claim to have it, I have never actually seen it being carried out.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never been to a Walmart store as I live thousands of miles (across the sea) away from America. I'm sure that doesn't always happen to every Walmart store out there. I guess it was just coincidence that the branch you visited employs people who seriously need a workshop on proper ethics and professionalism. Maybe those employees were caught up in a love triangle or something.

14. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess they had a verbal warning and both need the jobs so will carry on working there. If Walmart paid their staff properly then the morale would be better. I overheard on the bus once staff get called in to work and then when they get there are told they aren't needed, so they paid to get it in and then haven't earned all day and that's how they treat their staff.

It's not acceptable behavior to fight, but I doubt training is high on the list for Walmart if they encourage people to apply for food stamps. They deliberately keep people in a poverty trap to bolster their profits. I'm sure people only work there because they have no choice.

15. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I wonder if Wal-Mart's poor reputation for customer service and clientale will ever catch up with them. I have to think there comes a point in time where the store cannot grow anymore. They already dominate in a lot of ways. I think the time is ripe for someone to come along and compete with them in a serious way. I don't see any existing company being able to do that at this point.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If the employees were paid better and had reasonable health coverage, they wouldn't be so jaded and under so much stress all the time. There are already states paying well over $10-$12 per hour for minimum wage, and Wal-Marts are still alive and kicking, as are McDonalds and other businesses. California is moving towards $15 minimum wage. They didn't just all pack up and leave town, they were already raking in plenty of money. So all the chicken-little-sky-falling fear mongering and antics were a bunch of hot air. I cannot believe some people really buy into that crap.

I'm amazed both employees weren't fired though. Honestly, had I been their manager I would have terminated them both. If all those people who saw them behave like that came back into the store and saw them still working there that would only reinforce that management doesn't give a crap about their jobs or the customers.

17. toradrake

toradrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I have noticed that too. I think it has something to do with unhappy employees. You hear all kinds of problems happening with Wal-Mart of late, especially since it's founder passed and turned it over to his kids.

18. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We were surprised that they were still working there also. I actually think that both of them might know some one in upper management and that is why they are still around. Makes no sense for them to keep people around who get over fights because of someones bagging technique. It was honestly one of the more ridiculous things I've ever been a witness to.