Filling in comment cards

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Lostvalleyguy • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Many restaurants and other places have comment cards that one can fill out to provide feedback about service. A lot of people use these for complaints, but never think to use them when service is great.

Do you ever take the time to fill these out? Do you only use these to provide negative feedback?

2. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that. People are much more likely to write down negative comments than positive. I actually have not seen any for quite some time but used to see them in restaurants all the time. I do remember filling them out but it's been so long that I can't remember if I used them for negative or positive comments, most likely it was probably for negative.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If someone likes the service they get in a restaurant to show they liked it, they'll leave the waitress/waiter a good tip. That's the way most people express their appreciation of good service. The comment cards on other hand permit you to leave feedback about bad service/food without having to make a scene. Most places actually use these cards as suggestion/complaint cards and I've come to associate them with that.

I filled up a complaint card once when a receptionist annoyed me but on second thoughts, I tore it up. So technically, I've never filled any of those cards.

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, yes, I do fill out comment cards. I try to do it if I receive particularly good service as well as negative service.

My husband is currently self-employed as an attorney, and his business has actually been quite successful as a result of Google reviews. Weirdly. Knowing that, I have been more conscious to fill out Google reviews for companies as well. Unlike comment cards, Google reviews are a form of free advertising, good or bad, and in this culture, I think they make the most sense.

But I've actually received very good results from filling out comment cards at places like restaurants and what not. More often than you'd expect, I've received coupons or promotions in the mail as apologies for poor service, as well as coupons saying "Thanks for the comment." It is great and always worth the time to me. And if I can get a specific employee recognized by a boss, sure, I'll take 5 minutes to do that.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's interesting. It must be a Canadian thing, as I haven't come across it in my country. I guess it is becoming a worldwide trend, and I might be blissfully behind the times here.
    To be honest, I think it is ridiculous having to fill out a comment card after visiting a place. Perhaps these restaurants should have an in-built computer in every table where you leave a comment that goes straight to their website. I suggest a simple "like" and "dislike" button might be the go.