Film Clubs?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Denis Hard • Jun 26, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of lots of clubs but film clubs . . . well I just heard of them today. Apparently in most cities there are film clubs which could save a movie-lover money. Quite obviously there'd be some membership fee which has to be paid in order to pay for the place where the members meet to watch films. No matter how much you pay I'm sure it's a lot cheaper than going to the theater each time a new movie is released or buying DVDs?

Is anyone in the community a member of a film club? If there is we'd like to know if its worth being a member of a film club.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of film club...nor we have in my town I think. I'm sure most people will just bring or invite their friends to their house to watch film they want to watch though.

Unless, other than a cheaper price, there is other services they provide which most theaters don't provide.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Film Clubs

I am a member of the Somewhere In Time society.

This is the closest thing I can think of to a film club that I know about. However, this membership mostly dwells on that film or the films the actors that where in that film are in. The producer of the film has another website that highlights similar films and members can discuss them and also receive a DVD that has them on it. I think that is a great idea. With the use of forums so prevalent, I think it would be easy enough to start something online. Let me know if you do! :)