Filtered Water Versus Bottled Water

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ruffled • Jun 6, 2014.

1. Ruffled

RuffledNew Member

Threads:
    In the long run, is it more cost efficient to put a filter unit on your Faucet or buy bottled water by the case? I live in an area where the drinking water really should be filtered before it is drank, but we ended up having to change the filter quite a bit. So we got into the habit of buying bottled water, and now I'm starting to think if that really is the cheaper option. What do you think?

2. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Buying a water filter that you can put in your fridge or on your water faucet is much more cost effective in the long-run over buying bottled water. Basically, you're getting bottled water quality for the price of the original filter and a good reusable water bottle. In my house, I have a Britta Filter that cost me $20 and I can just refill every few days to use. I think I've had it for over a year now and had no problems with it breaking. I just have to wash and clean it out every so often. I'm not too certain of bottled water prices, but I imagine you couldn't buy more than 2 cases for that price.