Find the best prices on computers and electronics with price indexing websites

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by encryptedbytes • Mar 28, 2012.

1. encryptedbytes

encryptedbytesMember

Threads:
    Rather than just hit Amazon.com or some other massive online retailer, use price indexing sites to find out which vendor has the best deals on the item you are looking for.

What is a price indexing site? Well... it a website that tracks pricing information on tons of stuff from a bunch of different vendors. When you search a price indexing site for the item you're looking for you'll get a list of vendors who have the item as well as price and shipping costs. This makes it super easy to compare prices among dozens and dozens on different vendors in very little time.

Here are a few of my favorite sites:

Always keep in mind though that the best price isn't always the best deal. Be sure to look at the retailer's return and warranty policies and check out their ratings at places like

to see what other customers have already said about them.

Do you know of other good price indexing and vendor rating sites? Please share!

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Never heard of them, but they sure look handy! I have a question though. Do their prices include shipping prices? As a non-US resident I've been fooled before. You can get something real cheap... until you look at the shipping price :p Not to mention taxes and customs!

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    Google shopping is excellent, I find unlike a lot of the normal price comparison sites this one actually includes ebay. Which is where I make a lot of my electronics purchases. It also has reviews and ratings for each store. Its search function is a little less than perfect and will bring back tonnes of irrelevant hits, but if you can take the time, it is a great resource.

4. Dude

DudeMember

Threads:
    I agree with scottyxx, I use Google shopper (they have an app for android so I take it with me) and it's great! It's a great service.

I haven't used any of those other indexing sites, but maybe I'll give them a try!

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    In the Uk there is always Kelkoo. I used to use it for years, and a plus side is that if you are signed up to sites like TopCashBack you will get 1 penny back every time you do a price comparison with them. So it's really win win!

6. bringbuck

bringbuckNew Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any personal feedback on Pricegrabber?? I was about to buy something there before I thought to ask for advice :p

Here's a

for reference, was just about to buy a new woofer for my car!