Finding Cheap Workout Clothing

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by danielle davidson • Jul 11, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    I find that sometimes work out clothing can be quite expensive, especially when you are shopping for Nike and Under Armour. Sometimes I just try to get the clothing that is the 'off' brand because then it is way cheaper. My parents bought me some workout shorts not too long ago, they got me two pairs and it cost them $50. Now that just seems crazy to me. To have to spend that much on shorts, that's just a lot. So, where are you able to find clothing that is fairly cheap?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get my workout clothes from the second hand store. You can get outfits in good condition at a fair price. You do need to look at the conditon of the fabric to make sure there are no rips or stains, some times you can even find brand new items with the tags still on them.

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Mine are actually second hand as well; I got them from someone who wasn’t using them. I could use some more, though, and I’ve been hearing that Old Navy’s workout clothes are quite affordable and surprisingly good quality. I can’t vouch for it as we don’t have a brick-and-mortar store here (yet! But it’s coming soon). I do intend to check it out, though. And shops like Ross and TJ Maxx may also have good deals on the name-brand stuff as well.

4. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Wow, I never thought about doing that. There is a store around where I live and they sell name brand clothing that is second hand. It's a great little shop that I love going to because you can find some really good clothing there. I'm just not sure if they have work out clothing there. I don't think that I have ever seen any. I will have to check next time, because that would be a good way that I could find cheap workout clothing.

5. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I get my workout clothes from cheaper local brands in our country. I really do not want to spend a lot on clothes that I will just sweat on. I find that the quality of these clothes are okay. Of course they cannot be conpared to Underarmour or Nike but they do held up in the wash.

6. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @Briannagodess@Briannagodess well that works out good then. The problem here is that they don't' really make cheap workout clothing. Everything here is just super expensive. Oh yes, nothing will compare to Nike or Under Armour, but you're just sweating in them like you said. So, it doesn't make a lot of sense to just spend that kind of money.

7. RaineyDay477

RaineyDay477New Member

Threads:
    I like Target's line. It's not too expensive and the fabric is nice. I have some of their capri's that I've had for years and they still look good. That's a good idea about second hand stores too. Check out Threadflip too. It's a site for secondhand clothes, but they verify items to make sure they are in good condition.

8. Briannagodess

Threads:
    Oh that is kinda problematic. My place has everything imitation. From phones to clothes so it is really easy to buy the cheapo versions. Maybe you could scout some online!

9. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @RaineyDay477@RaineyDay477 Oh that's a good place to look, I never thought about going there! That's great that they have been able to last you that long, I know that sometimes work out clothing can become bad fast. I'll have to check out that store too. I'm sure that I'll be able to find some good clothing there.

10. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    Forever21 has a lot of really cute workout clothing for very cheap! You can seriously get like twice the amount of stuff for a fraction of the cost of Nike and Lululemon. Another great place is Target and Old Navy!

11. Erin Sagisi

Erin SagisiNew Member

Threads:
    I am totally with you! I hate how workout clothes can be so expensive! For me, I love going to Target and Walmart to buy workout clothes. It is very inexpensive and durable quality. What I would recommend is to use name brand workout clothes to get you motivated. I personally do this myself. For example: When I was able to run 3 miles in 20 minutes I bought myself a nice Lululemon workout tank top. Personally, rewarding myself with nice workout clothes keeps me motivated to work harder. I hope this helps! Good luck!

12. Briannagodess

Threads:
    Wow that is a good way to be motivated! I am such a cheapskate I have not even bought myself a namebrand in years. Having a son really changed my priorities. But you know what? Maybe I also have to reward myself. I did lose some weight and add to that I take care of a toddler. Thank you for the tip!

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What I tend to do with any clothing (or other items), including work out attire, is once I find a brand or brands I like, and know my sizes in those brands, I will do internet searches, and sometimes I'll come across them on clearance. Also, on eBay, you can set up searches, and put a few of the items you're interested in, in your watch list, and then eBay will notify you if the prices change, or sometimes will notify you if new listings of those or similar items come up.

14. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My go to places are either TK Maxx or Sports Direct (UK). I like that with TK Maxx you can get some very good, high end brands for cheap. But it's annoying how they don't always have all the sizes! Sports Direct is very reasonable and has a lot of good brands too. It's a huge plus that they also ship worldwide :)

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, and you can often find them at yard sales and such as well. I've found nice pieces for my daughters. Sad to say, a lot of people get all hyped up about working out, but it tends to fizzle quickly. Their items are "gently used" and in condition. It's definitely worth a shot.

You might also try making some of the cute yoga pants and wrap shirts that they show on Pinterest. They make some really cute clothes from other clothes that are no longer being worn. I believe the pants are made from a man's T-shirt (which you can often find on a clearance rack, new, for a buck or two). Can't be that.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to go for places that are already on the cheaper side to begin with and try to go when they have extra sales going on- places like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Forever 21, Old navy and Target can all have some great finds. Nike and under armor and the like have outlet stores but personally I think even the outlet prices are pretty ridiculous. It's a shame because I personally *love* workout clothes and would practically live in them if they weren't so darned expensive.

17. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My father taught me a secret when it comes to buy workout clothing and other gears; buy them directly from the military stores.

In some places, military stores are open to all public, in some others not. In this city some of the military stores are open to all public selling exceeding stock including most of the fitness-ware you may think off, from tennis shoes to spandex t-shirts.

Cheap indeed, but only drawback is the limited colors to choose from; plain olive green, gray and black. You can always get someone (if not yourself) embroidering a multicolored pattern to make a clothe appealing though.

18. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I really care 'bout are sports bra -- impossible to do anything without them, and they have to be good! So I go to stores like Winners for this (they have a lot of brands and other stuff, the things that did not get sold I think). I would never buy it used.

Anything else -- t-shirt, yoga pants, shorts -- I would not mind having hand-me-downs or thrift shop stuff!

19. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The cheapest workout clothing I got were at Ross Dress for Less. That for me is the best place to find Nike, Puma, Adidas clothing for way less money!
    Sure, it all depends on the store and when it's available...sometimeyou go to a Ross and find nothing useful, sometimes it has lots of cool stuff. It depends. But when I was activelly looking for good, affordable workout clothing I would go to Ross every week to see the new arrivals.

20. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the town market, there are working clothes that are very cheap. They sell shorts at 3 pieces for 100 pesos, that's about $2.50 in your money. Dusters and cheap printed shirts are sold at 2 pieces for 100 pesos. Whenever I have the time, I would buy some shorts for our housemaid and also for me. They are good for house clothes especially for working in the garden.